GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went wheeling in Hollister yesterday with a group of Jeepforum.com members. First time going down there and it was SO worth the trip, Bazooka Gulch, or whatever it was called, was my favorite part of the day, it's a pretty gnarly trail :head:

For starters, my rig

Oops, got a bit close there...:lol:

I think I've got some clearance issues...

Nice LJ, had 4:56's, short arm kit, ARB's, Pro Cromp X/T's

TJ with an Nth degree 6" longarm, and more goodies...pretty badass

Stock rig came out too :D

Bazooka? gulch, and a well-built XJ

Nice, clean TJ

If you know Hollister, you know how steep this looks in person

I'll definitely go down there again, a bit of a drive (close to 3 hours) but it's worth the trip :worship:

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Shoot me a PM next time you go. My girlfriend has an RELA's XJ, and her brother has a YJ, and we all love Hollister. Looks like a good time for sure.

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
Nice! I have the same jeep but it has a 5 speed and the six. Looks like you had a good time. What do you have done to the YJ?

IMG_0023.gif

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Shoot me a PM next time you go. My girlfriend has an RELA's XJ, and her brother has a YJ, and we all love Hollister. Looks like a good time for sure.
Looks like someone is already planning a meet for the first weekend of June, dunno if I'll be up for that one but I might make it down there. Here's a link to the thread on JF: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=417488

HankScorpio said:
Nice! I have the same jeep but it has a 5 speed and the six. Looks like you had a good time. What do you have done to the YJ?

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f5...a/IMG_0023.jpg
I haven't done much yet, just a Rough Country 4" lift, Rubicon Express 5" greasable shackles (Boom's in the rear), 33" BFG MT's on Rockcrawler 15x10's, Rock-it Front diff guard (picking up rear this week), made some cheapie rocker guards out of 3.5" Angle iron, and I'm picking up my SYE/CV driveshaft this week sometime. I don't have any vibes with the stocker but I want the ground clearance and other advantages you get when going to the CV style shaft. Scored a free TJ front bumper today to replace my POS bent/scarred stock one, only reason I'm swapping it is because it was free and looks MUCH better than mine (I'm building a front bumper, got most the materials just need to start on it sometime)Got a D30 lined up that I'm hoping to get my hands on (Has 4:88's, both SUA/SOA setup, Currie hi-steer, ARB'd, Warn shafts, 5 on 5.5 hubs...) and soon enough I'll slap a D44 in the rear as well, just waiting for work to pick up so I can start buying stuff again.
Other than that, I've done some work on the stereo, added a Magnaflow exhaust and a drop-in K&N and that's it really... But for having the stock 4:10's and open diffs I'm extremely surprised at the terrain it plows through, the RC springs flex like crazy and it rides awesome on road

BTW nice looking YJ, I like that color :anitoof:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts