GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Something weird started happening yesterday. I had been sitting in my truck with the engine on for about 20 min or so and when I went to pull out of the parking lot, I had to turn wheels full turn. When I took the foot off the brake, the truck didn't move. I'm now noticing the further I turn the wheels, when more I have to apply the gas. It's almost like the E-brake is one when wheels are fully turned. Anyone have any idea what's going on? I check the wheels and there's no rubbing anywhere at full turn; everything is stock.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

2011 Sierra SLT Z71

·
Registered
292 Posts
Hey guys. Something weird started happening yesterday. I had been sitting in my truck with the engine on for about 20 min or so and when I went to pull out of the parking lot, I had to turn wheels full turn. When I took the foot off the brake, the truck didn't move. I'm now noticing the further I turn the wheels, when more I have to apply the gas. It's almost like the E-brake is one when wheels are fully turned. Anyone have any idea what's going on? I check the wheels and there's no rubbing anywhere at full turn; everything is stock.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

2011 Sierra SLT Z71
It takes more power to get the wheels Rollin when there turned. The farther their turned the more power it initiatly takes to start the wheels Rollin.

·
cunts
2,743 Posts
Seriously, OP?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, I'm serious. I get that the further the wheels are turned, the more force is needed. But this is different. It seems like a sudden decrease of momentum. I've had the truck for a year and it's never been like this. Sorry if it's a stupid question, but it's a new problem with the truck that's never happened before.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Is "4wd auto" engaged?

·
cunts
2,743 Posts
Wheels being turned = resistance to forward momentum, add to that the strain on your power steering will put on the engine thus slowing via drive train. Seems perfectly normal to me.

Sent from the land of teepee's and buffaloes

·
Registered
292 Posts
Or either that g80 is locking up making the back tires to skip and thus you feel your drag.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, ogg and JEaston, for a real responses. I checked this morning and it looks like I must have kicked the 4wd dial when I was waiting in my truck. It was turned to 4h. Turned it back to 2 and the truck jerked like the parking brake was taken off. Turning is now back to normal.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Yep didn't even think about the 4wd switch. Glad you got it figured out. Only dumb question is one not asked. We are all here to learn and help.

·
'14 Chevy Silverado Owner
229 Posts
I don't understand some people trying to give a scientific response when the OP has had their truck long enough to know when it's not doing something normal.

Anyways, I did that once in my old 98 Z71. I somehow accidently put it in 4hi with my knee or something and it was jerking weird when take off. Luckily I caught it about 5 blocks from my house. I guess that's one of the bad things about push button 4wd lol.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts