GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
internet bigot®
4,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok check it...

im split between powdercoating the SS rims all black... or getting some of these...

centerline nova's ... 20's of course...

as you all know i'm pretty performance oriented in this project.. centerline has the reputation for light wheels, which is good for me... plus i have a range of backspacing's to choose from so i would be able to do a 4/6 if desired later on.

does anyone have a price for the wheels?.. i havent bothered looking yet.. but i will do a search soon after i post this...

opinions welcomed... thanks.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
I would powder coat the SS rims black. You don't see that everyday. I wouldn't mind powder coating my 18" black. I think that would look killer. :head:

Forget those new rims, go black it would look great!!

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
Go for the centerlines! Centerline actually cares about how much their wheels weigh which is good :read:

The SS ones are very heavy i thought? I didn't lose anything on my truck going from 16's to 20's...it actually fells a tad big quicker now :D

·
internet bigot®
4,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the SS rims are 78 lbs w/ tire and wheel combined... thats damn heavy, compared to the usual 50-60lbs other combo's usually weigh...

·
GMFS Senior OG Member
3,511 Posts
I really don't know Bryce, Powdercoating the SS wheels would look badass, but the centerlines look cool too.. Besides your going balls out in the performance department I'd say go with the centerlines.. Correct me if I'm wrong can you do a 4/6 with your SS wheels? With the centerlines you have the option with diffrent backspacing & widths.. Good luck on your decsion..

·
internet bigot®
4,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Kal, id have to get smaller tires with the SS rims if i wanted to go 3/5 but i wouldnt be able to do a 4/6... the money should be no prob if i sell the SS rims... i'll keep the same tires... then w/ proper backspacing i can tuck the same tires....

someone correct me if my thinking is wrong.

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
onyx said:
Kal, id have to get smaller tires with the SS rims if i wanted to go 3/5 but i wouldnt be able to do a 4/6... the money should be no prob if i sell the SS rims... i'll keep the same tires... then w/ proper backspacing i can tuck the same tires....

What size are your tires now? 275/45/20? Those won't work on most centerlines...to make those tires work you will have to go to a billet manufacter that offers custom backspacings. On my centerlines i had to run a 245/40/20 tire on my 4/6.

·
GMFS Senior OG Member
3,511 Posts
onyx said:

Don't go with a 3/5.. After you do you will want a 4/6 belive me..

·
internet bigot®
4,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
looks like all they have is 5" and 4 1/2" rear spacing... thats the same as backspacing right?

not really a range of backspacing is it? :anitoof:

·
internet bigot®
4,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
its not the chrome im trying to decide on, its the weight factor.... centerlines are lighter... but if i do keep the SS rims, i want to make em' different.

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Yeah might as well get the Centerlines. Cause 1buda is right about that 3/5! You will want to go lower once you install the 3/5. I'm going to a 7 in the rear this weekend if my damn parts come in!! Just send me some pics of your truck and I can show you what it will look like with them on there and with the 4/6.

·
internet bigot®
4,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
35.... hmmmmm... i wanted more sidewall... but i can learn to drive better.. heheh.

so would more sidewall or more width be better for traction... i know having them both is best...

BFG makes a 35 wall right?... those tires rock anyway!!!!....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts