GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
droppin loads
3,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend got an 07. got the fabtech lift. He ordered 325/60r20 Terra Grapplers on 20x10 AR Trax, 4.5" bs.

now the 4wp fgt is telling him that the setup wont work and he needs a 9" wheel with 5" bs. and that the TGs are too wide, he needs a 12.5 width tire. :wank:

so can anyone tell me if this will work or not.

they recommended KMC backseats with like 6" bs and bfg a/ts. :suicide:

9,778 Posts
i see nothing wrong with the rim choice (width and backspacing) but I think that a 36 (325/60R20) might be a little big for the setup...HighSierra (i think is his name) should be able to tell you though.

·
Registered
316 Posts
tell him to get coil spacers along with the fabtech and he should be fine...justin can tell u better.

·
droppin loads
3,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no coil spacer, he doesnt want it too high because he's moving to Notre Dame for grad school and there's lots of parking garages. those 325/60 nittos are 35.12x12.91.

·
Registered
316 Posts
shouldnt be problem

9,778 Posts
no coil spacer, he doesnt want it too high because he's moving to Notre Dame for grad school and there's lots of parking garages. those 325/60 nittos are 35.12x12.91.
personally I don't know many lifted trucks that fit in parking garages.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Why do the nnbs 07' trucks need 5-6" backspacings now instead of the normal 4-4.5" backspacing for the regular nbs lifts? If I'm understanding this right the nnbs need rims that are "tucked" in more while our older trucks require rims that push the rim out away from the knuckle??? All the nnbs lifts I've seen still are replaceing the knuckles, so whats the difference? I"m confused...

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Why do the nnbs 07' trucks need 5-6" backspacings now instead of the normal 4-4.5" backspacing for the regular nbs lifts? If I'm understanding this right the nnbs need rims that are "tucked" in more while our older trucks require rims that push the rim out away from the knuckle??? All the nnbs lifts I've seen still are replaceing the knuckles, so whats the difference? I"m confused...
You dont have to run 5-6" of backspacing. Im running 4.5"s on 20x10s and my tires dont come close to rubbing. They recommend 5-6" because the fender wells are narrower than the NBS trucks. You can safely run a 35x12.50 with a 6" lift with a 10" wide wheel with 4.5" of backspacing. A lot of shops will tell you different but im telling you from experience...

·
Registered
912 Posts
I would not listen to what 4wheelparts says. They tried to tell me that since my truck has Autotrac that I could not run the Superlift FIT on my truck which is not true. He said that since it did not come with a replacement driveshaft it wouldn't work. I tried to explain to him the difference in a full drop and a knuckle lift and why the knuckle lift didn't need a new driveshaft even with autotrac but he just didn't understand. He still tried to argue with me and say it wouldn't work. I wanted the full drop Superlift anyway but he made a big deal about the fact that I supposedly couldn't run the FIT. I don't think that they know much about the products that they are selling.

·
droppin loads
3,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well he got the 20x10 Trax and 325/60R20 BFGs (35.5"). not a big fan of the tires but it should still look good.

DSC03510Large.jpg

DSC03508Large.jpg

·
Keepin' it real...
2,284 Posts
he doesnt want it too high because he's moving to Notre Dame for grad school
Probably wont fit with any amount of lift, especially up north where they dont take trucks into consideration when building garages.

I toured ND when I was a senior in HS (fall '00), but I dont remember seeing any garages on campus. In fact, they didnt have much parking at all. But thats because they dont allow freshman or sophomores from keeping vehicles on campus.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts