GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
GMFS founding member
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i heard that sirius will be introducing a smaller receiver to compete with the new XM roady 2 soon... any info on this? XM is unimpressive, i would like to switch to sirius as soon as my 3 months are up but the receivers are all so damn big.

·
Plead The First
2,593 Posts
Look into an all-in-one unit. That will save you lots of space, no second unit to install.

And yes, beging of next quarter they're supposed to come out. Good stuff I hear.

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
they need to do something, dam things are HUGE! Sometimes its a PITA to install
If I hear anything Ill let yall know. I swear the reps never come in when Im working

·
Registered
232 Posts
i just hooked up my sirius a couple weeks ago. however i just had to get a tuner box cause i have a kenwood head unit that controls the sirius. when i was activating it i talked with the guy for a bit, didnt ask about new recievers coming out but he did confirm that they are workin with dish network to start puttin out video feed also so if you have sirius and a video monitor, starting in janurary(what he said they were expecting) you can watch shit all over the country...and since they just got a contract to cover all nfl games those will probably be broadcast in video not just audio like they will be this fall.

just thought i'd throw that out to help ya want it more :D

·
GMFS founding member
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
tx marine said:
i just hooked up my sirius a couple weeks ago. however i just had to get a tuner box cause i have a kenwood head unit that controls the sirius. when i was activating it i talked with the guy for a bit, didnt ask about new recievers coming out but he did confirm that they are workin with dish network to start puttin out video feed also so if you have sirius and a video monitor, starting in janurary(what he said they were expecting) you can watch shit all over the country...and since they just got a contract to cover all nfl games those will probably be broadcast in video not just audio like they will be this fall.

just thought i'd throw that out to help ya want it more :D
that's gonna be awesome, thanks for the info. i get sirius music channels on my dish network, it rocks.

·
Registered
232 Posts
glad to help, unfortunately i cant say anything about the price after jan...the customer service guy didnt know if it was gonna have to be raised with the added service or not

·
9,823 Posts
thats weird that I know and they dont. They have it alreadym its just in the testing phase. They said it will be like 9.99 a month for video and that they have around 6 shannels so far

·
GMFS founding member
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hey scott what do you think about this?

6254947_sa.jpg

went to BB today after i took back the roady. i got $125 towards an indash unit. you didn't tell me all the kenwood sirius ready units come with a free tuner! imma have to get in on this. the installer guys said i'd have to keep my radio, can you guys not get the harness so i don't have to keep it?

·
9,823 Posts
I dont think we can get them yet, but they are coming
I like that Kenwood, but it has to be sent off to service instead most we can swap. I think it just means Kenwwod has a good product and they wanna know what failed. I do like that one, bright display, easy to use, but hard to get out of demo mode

·
GMFS founding member
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
94flamds10blazr said:
I dont think we can get them yet, but they are coming
I like that Kenwood, but it has to be sent off to service instead most we can swap. I think it just means Kenwwod has a good product and they wanna know what failed. I do like that one, bright display, easy to use, but hard to get out of demo mode
right on. i did a little homework, turns out the tuners are pretty cheap and i can buy one and still get a badass headunit for under $250. everything i see on the shelf is last year's model, kenwood has some badass new stuff which i'm checking out now.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I work at Best Buy and I have that Kenwood. It is a good deck. At the Best Buy I work at, that Kenwood is replaced and not serviced. DONT GET A KENWOOD BELOW THAT MODEL AND SIRIUS. YOU CAN ONLY SEE 1 LINE OF TEXT... you can't display artist and song title without going through the menus. The other model that displays 2 lines of text is the 925 which is a little more pricey but a good unit as well. I know that radio in and out if you have any ???

·
9,823 Posts
yall still have the tuners and ants? we have been out for months
I thought that one and up were service only, I guess thats why I stay in the back and install

·
GMFS founding member
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
my search has taken yet another turn. i played with a panasonic unit at circuit city and it looks 100x cleaner than the kenwoods and is easier to use and cheaper! nothing there plays MP3s but i'm looking at a couple similar panasonic units online. anyhow, i have one question. do you know if the panasonic CR-SRT100 will work with a single-wire terk mini sirius antenna? these things are rare as hell. there's one on eBay, imma buy it if it will work with the terk antenna. panasonic makes an antenna for it but i can't find one anywhere and it looks like it's 2 wire.

CR-SRT100 sirius tuner

CQ-DFX883U headunit

CQ-DF783U (2003 version, i like this one a lil better)

·
9,823 Posts
there is a 2-wire adaptor you can get . I dont know if you lose anything but

·
GMFS founding member
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
94flamds10blazr said:
there is a 2-wire adaptor you can get . I dont know if you lose anything but
excellent, thanks for all your help scott :worship:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts