GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do you mean regular cab standard box OR regular cab short box? AFAIK you can only get the standard box or long box with the regular cab. and the short box only comes with the crew cab. correct me if i am wrong. thanks, Michael.

·
GMFS founding member
4,010 Posts
1/2 ton configurations...

reg cab: short or long
ext cab: short or long
crew cab: super short

3/4 and 1 ton configurations are mix 'n match.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hovisimo said:
1/2 ton configurations...

reg cab: short or long
ext cab: short or long
crew cab: super short

3/4 and 1 ton configurations are mix 'n match.
If you go to the gmc site and build your own if you select regular cab you are given two options for bed length: standard and long. I have never heard or read the terminology super short before. What you are calling super short is what GM calls short. The box that nearly everyone has is the standard box, and that is what i will be getting. thanks!

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
He just meant the super short is the one specifically on the 1/2 ton crew cab truck. It is not available on any other truck. They cut off some of the bed to give more cab room.

On the others it is either standard or long

·
Weird Turns Pro.
6,251 Posts
GMCtrk said:
I have never heard or read the terminology super short before. What you are calling super short is what GM calls short.
The super short bed that hovisimo is refering to is the size of the bed that comes with the half ton crew cab trucks that just came out in 04. GM wanted to keep the crew cab half tons the same length as extended cabs with a short bed. So with the increased size of the cab, they shortened the bed.

·
GMFS founding member
4,010 Posts
GMCtrk said:
If you go to the gmc site and build your own if you select regular cab you are given two options for bed length: standard and long. I have never heard or read the terminology super short before. What you are calling super short is what GM calls short. The box that nearly everyone has is the standard box, and that is what i will be getting. thanks!
crew cab has a 5.5' box. short = 6.5' long= 8'

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
if i remember right, its 5ft 8" and the fords are 5.5... i may be wrong tho

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Slash4824 said:
The super short bed that hovisimo is refering to is the size of the bed that comes with the half ton crew cab trucks that just came out in 04. GM wanted to keep the crew cab half tons the same length as extended cabs with a short bed. So with the increased size of the cab, they shortened the bed.
didn't the crew cabs always have a smaller box than the standard size??/ I could have sworn they looked smaller. ANywyas, thanks for the responses :drool:

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
GMCtrk said:
didn't the crew cabs always have a smaller box than the standard size??/ I could have sworn they looked smaller. ANywyas, thanks for the responses :drool:
nah, they have always been 6.5 ft. 2004 is the first year for the really short bed that ONLY comes on the 1500 crew cab like i have. i have heard rumors on another site that GM will be offering the tiny ass bed on reg. cabs and ex cabs next year though. ill believe it when i see it though.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Josh said:
nah, they have always been 6.5 ft. 2004 is the first year for the really short bed that ONLY comes on the 1500 crew cab like i have. i have heard rumors on another site that GM will be offering the tiny ass bed on reg. cabs and ex cabs next year though. ill believe it when i see it though.
that would be an insanely short truck if you put the reg cab and short bed together! but i guess that's a good thing if you are interested in speed

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
GMCtrk said:
that would be an insanely short truck if you put the reg cab and short bed together! but i guess that's a good thing if you are interested in speed
some people just use trucks for they're daily commute... it would be comparable to an S10 (or colorado) i guess, just with a wider bed, and more cab space. trucks are really appealing to everyone right now. the more people they can accomodate, the more sales :bowtie:

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Josh said:
some people just use trucks for they're daily commute... it would be comparable to an S10 (or colorado) i guess, just with a wider bed, and more cab space. trucks are really appealing to everyone right now. the more people they can accomodate, the more sales :bowtie:
which is basically what I am going to be doing. But, I can't wait that long to get my truck, gotta be a 2004 model.

·
GMFS founding member
4,010 Posts
GMCtrk said:
you can get a 6.5' or 8' bed on a 3/4 ton or 1 ton crew cab. the 1/2 ton crew cabs are new for 2004.

·
GMFS founding member
4,010 Posts
Josh said:
if i remember right, its 5ft 8" and the fords are 5.5... i may be wrong tho
yeah, 5'8 sounds right. like the extra 3" matters when your bed is that damn short anyways. the ford 5'5 bed is a joke, father in law had one and couldn't haul anything in it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts