GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Max
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in PA and cant find anywhere in PA or DE that can make me a 5" dual exhaust that will mount on my already existing 5" setup. Is a 5" dual exhaust possible and if so where can i get it or buy the stuff to make it or get it welded together to install it?

·
Registered
376 Posts
No one makes a 5" dual exhaust. The closest you can get is a 4". Honestly there is no need for anything bigger than 4" regardless of horse power but from what I read the 5" single system does give a bit deeper tone. You could do a dual 4" and dual 5" tips or 6" tips etc.

·
Max
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I currently have a 5" single straight pipe right off the turbo. I'm looking for a way to order something already made or for a way to make a 5" dual myself. Problem is nobody has anything capable of bending a 5" pipe. The sound my
5" makes doesnt even compare to the sound a 4" single or 4" dual make. The sound my 5" makes is tits.

·
Derr
127 Posts
I currently have a 5" single straight pipe right off the turbo. I'm looking for a way to order something already made or for a way to make a 5" dual myself. Problem is nobody has anything capable of bending a 5" pipe. The sound my
5" makes doesnt even compare to the sound a 4" single or 4" dual make. The sound my 5" makes is tits.
5 inch duals wont fit. i have 4inch duals and it is very very tight right now.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
you'd have to buy a whole bunch of mandrel bends and do it that way, but it'd be extremely tight and prolly not worth the effort.

why not do dual stacks?

i love the way my 5in sounds with the lbz though deff sounds alot different then most...

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
how did u get 5" to ur turbo? do u mean 5" downpipe back? There isnt enough room for a 5" pipe by the firewall

·
Max
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
how did u get 5" to ur turbo? do u mean 5" downpipe back? There isnt enough room for a 5" pipe by the firewall
The guy that owned the truck before me did it. He took a whole bunch of shit out and cusom made a bunch of new stuff so that it would work. Don't ask me i've only met the guy once. I bought it from the dealer.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
The guy that owned the truck before me did it. He took a whole bunch of shit out and cusom made a bunch of new stuff so that it would work. Don't ask me i've only met the guy once. I bought it from the dealer.
I would be interested in seeing pics of how he did that

·
Registered
376 Posts
There isnt 5" between the back of the turbo and the firewall let alone enough room to put a bend there. I have been working on a 3.5" downpipe and its really really tight and the trans dipstick needs to be completely moved.

·
Sparkplugs FTL
1,957 Posts
dont do it waste of time & money the only time a y pipe should be used is for stacks

diamand eye makes a 4" pipe of the turbo and i think ppe might also i remeber seeing a pedastel mount form them so that you could fit a bigger down pipe

·
professional grade
4,122 Posts
well, good luck with that install. get some 6inch tips or somethin with dual 4z, thats what i would do. but thats me.

·
Canadian Chapter
2,283 Posts
my buddy priced out bending 5" pipe. first off no one local could bend it. and when he found someone it wasn't madrel bent, and it was like $120 a bend plus $1.50 an inch or something rediculous. i'd go with the 5" tips if looks is all your after. but thats just my opinion.

·
Chris Ledoux 1948-2005
380 Posts
why not just make it dual tail pipes?
I guarantee theres a truck shop that could weld in a Y somewhere towards the back end then get u 2- tail pipes.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts