GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:gmfs:
hey whats up everyone. i was trying to figure out where to get a new bumper cap for my 2002 silverado. when it is stock u have the bumper and its black textured plastic on the top of the front bumper right below your grill. and i was wondering where u can find a replacment one which can be painted. please get back tp me cuz i wanna get a new one cuz te stock one is ugly. Thanks and check out my truck on cardomain.. http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/493518/1

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
is it hard to do or like just gatta get what type of grit sandpaper to get it smooth? :cheers:

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
hey, welcome to GMFS! you CAN sand yours, but its a big job unless you have an airsander. you can get a paintable cap for like 80 or 90 bucks from GM if i remember right... someone has a part # here and a good price. my old bumper cap came with the 1500 Z71 tahoe bumpers i bought.

·
I am the Moderatonator!
1,128 Posts
I would just get a paintable cap if I were you. You will thank yourself in the end. Josh's old bumpercap looks great, but I am a little biased :naughty:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
aiight thanks bro...as soon as i get the money i plan on getting the cap. But im lookin for a new decal to put on my truck. I got the lift and shit done at California Customs but they got a fucking ugly ass sticker. So give me some ideas on what i should tag my beast wit...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
very sick truck. So what colors are available for the decals? I like either the 1st or 3rd one. but what colors do they come in? or like whts available?

·
I am the Moderatonator!
1,128 Posts
Thanks man. There is a link in the Decal thread that shows all the colors you can get them in.

·
Registered
397 Posts
It took me a little time to find these so I thought I would share.

GM Part Numbers for 99+ Silverado/Tahoe/Suburban
-------------------------------------------------------------------

#88937339 | Paintable Bumper Cap

#12472997 | Paintable Bumper

#12335634 | Paintable Grille Shell

**I've got the cap and bumper on my piece. *I've painted my bowtie since then but thats about it.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts