GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got finished installing my fuel pump which was an accomplishment for me cuz I dont even change my own oil and then what do I know, I'm driving and hear this metal clanking noise like something is dragging or somethinig and then I was being shaken to a stop when I tried to accelerate. Scary, called my neighbor who know more than I know and he said rear end is gone. Anybody know who specializes in rear end differentials, I wanna take it someplace that will know if it's something minor rather than just replacing everything, also want a place that'll give me a warranty on their work... any suggestions?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
PG county but I'm willing to get it towed anywhere within 100 miles if I have too. Just wanna get it done right the first time and take it to somebody that knows what they are doing but definetly dont want to pay 2 grand or something crazy you know? Wanna take it someplace that can pinpoint the problem and fix it for a fair price...

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
On rt. 301 in Bowie, Southbound, there's a place called Powertrain. I heard they do some good work. There's another place in Wayson's Corner, just inside AA county that we used to send some trucks to. Lothian Automotive.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
iight cool, i'ma check on them. i called a local dealership and they said it's either a 600-800 repair(gears i think) or the 2400 repair(carrier i think). I cant even drive my truck right now, if I put in drive the rear end starts vibrating and you hear that metal sound really loud and i wouldnt be able to go anywhere without it jerking me to a stop, not as bad in reverse tho. what do you guys think is wrong and how much is it gonna cost

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
The entire rear end is probably toasted. Being in that case, it's like a Jiffypop bag of broken metal. Pinion gear, Planetary....could be anything. Since it can't be driven, anyplace would have to tow it. Take the cover off and see what's up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts