GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
attention whore
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
buddy of mine installed my head unit in my last truck...takes a different antenna plug than the stock HU and I have no idea what he did with the old one. I just got a new truck and am transferring everything over. Where can I get the antenna plug for my '02 GMC 2500HD?

·
Registered
437 Posts
there should be an antenna adapter on there, try to pull on that antenna and it should come off. then there is the stock one.

·
attention whore
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it looked like it could have been an adapter but i didn't want to pull it apart only to ruin the plug. sorry for the n00b question, I'm just trying to be real careful doing DIY stuff to the truck.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
The Adapter has a female end that the stocker Male end goes into... Just pull the adapter out and your OEM will still be there...

·
attention whore
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Adapter has a female end that the stocker Male end goes into... Just pull the adapter out and your OEM will still be there...
I found it upstream a few inches. I scratched up the actual plug that goes into the back of my HU but it still goes in and out fine and works fine. Thanks guys! :bowtie:

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
there should be an antenna adapter on there, try to pull on that antenna and it should come off. then there is the stock one.
your 300 is SICK!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts