GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting my bedsides repainted this spring and have been really thinking about shaving my gas door, but when I move my filler I don't want to put it anywhere that I'll have to repaint anything. Anyone got any ideas? No I can't do the thing behind the tails cause I got caddy's

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
Yup....the bed.

Cameron

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I would make a custom filler kneck (Stainless steel) that extends up to the bedrail. Mine was flush w/ the bed floor and filling up was a pain. As a result, I'm keeping the stock setup on the new bedsides. :)

·
THE VIKING !!!
279 Posts
Move it to the inside of the bed ..
Just flip it to the inside ..

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
I think I've heard of people puttin it in the door jam. It would be pretty cool to see that...but just gotta be careful not to spill any gas...

·
Member #66
4,024 Posts
put it somehwere in your interior so you wont even have to step out of your truck to fill it up... lazy style...

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah I've thought of them all, but I said that I didn't want to have to repaint anything. Like an idea of between the bed and cab or something. I'd like to put it behind the license plate, but my tanks are in the way.

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
You can't really put it behind the license plate because that is a lower point than the fill point of the tank. No room between the bed and cab for something that size.

Cameron

·
THE VIKING !!!
279 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Originally posted by brock
put it somehwere in your interior so you wont even have to step out of your truck to fill it up... lazy style...
Did you guys know that if you sit in your truck after you've started to gas up you can catch on fire? It's true, I saw it on the news a while back. They were saying that the gas fumes can ignite because of the static electricity caused by the friction between you and your seats.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
it was on myth busters too. They showed a fireman getting out of a car (with carpet seats) and not grounding himself on the car or anything and when he touched the gas "gun" the static electricity sparked and all of a suddin WOOOOOOOOOMF, fire was everywhere. I kinda worry about my GF not grounding herself cause her cavy's seats make more static elec. than anything I've ever seen. Everytime I get out of the car it hurts.

·
Registered
150 Posts
i'm in the same boat as you. Places to put them are fairly easy, just need a body shop to do the work. With bags its a bit harder, when my brother moved his it was backing up so they had to fix the angle a bit and he has to air up so the truck is somewhat level when he fills it. It looks really clean though, worth the extra step or two at the gas station.

·
Registered
158 Posts
droppedgmc said:
LIKE THIS

I know someone that did this, and couldn't ever get the filler turned to fit to the gas door without kinking the hose. The factory gas filler hose is a double hose, and he said it looked to be made into the tank. I'm not sure about this, as I didn't see or do any work on it. I'm also looking to do this (move the filler neck to inside the bed), so If anyone has any info on how to make the hose (or a new hose) work, please let me know!

Thanks
Trey

1 - 20 of 28 Posts