GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ran the 0 gauge under the cab of the truck coming up under the right rear seat. The fuse currently is up in the engine bay close to the battery but Im not happy with it's mount or position. I'd like to do it right and not have to worry about it again. So where would be a good place on the right side of the engine compartment to mount it? Or if you have done it pics would be great.

I have a Metra inline fuse holder for 0 gauge so it's not the smallest out there either.

·
Premium Member
7,892 Posts
I ran the 0 gauge under the cab of the truck coming up under the right rear seat. The fuse currently is up in the engine bay close to the battery but Im not happy with it's mount or position. I'd like to do it right and not have to worry about it again. So where would be a good place on the right side of the engine compartment to mount it? Or if you have done it pics would be great.

I have a Metra inline fuse holder for 0 gauge so it's not the smallest out there either.
Regardless of where you want it, it needs to be close to the battery.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Regardless of where you want it, it needs to be close to the battery.
Yep. And there is not much room on the right side which is why im asking. I'm thinking I may pull the battery and use some self tapping and mount the fuse holder directly to the inside wall behind the battery. It would be a PITA is I blow a fuse but I think the location would work.

·
Big Louie
3,025 Posts
you should only blow the fuse if you eat through the insulation
otherwise only the amp wires should blow, you could use a circuit breaker too to just flip it so you dont have to worry about blowing it

·
Premium Member
7,892 Posts
you should only blow the fuse if you eat through the insulation
otherwise only the amp wires should blow, you could use a circuit breaker too to just flip it so you dont have to worry about blowing it
Yup, the fuse is there for the wire. If you're blowing fuses, you have a bigger problem than changing the fuse.

·
Registered
223 Posts
You can mount it right on the outside of the battery tray, If you temporarily remove the tray brace you'll see the spot I'm talking about. I think there was even a factory hole drilled so you can use a little machine screw and bolt. Worked for me...

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You can mount it right on the outside of the battery tray, If you temporarily remove the tray brace you'll see the spot I'm talking about. I think there was even a factory hole drilled so you can use a little machine screw and bolt. Worked for me...
yep I saw that hole today as a matter of fact. Im pretty sure thats where Im going to mount it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.