GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
AKA Sugar Plum
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to run my 4 gauge outside (it's hot as fuck out there BTW) and i see a nice grommet by the brake booster, but i tried to get the wire through that spot and it seems i'd have to poke a bunch of holes in other barriers to go that route. My buddy got his installed at a place here in Mid-Mich and they just drilled a hole in the passenger firewall, i'd rather avoid that if i can.

I'm used to finding a nice firewall grommet and putting a small hole in it and running my wire like that, doesn't seem as easy on the NNBS silverado.

If anyone has pics that they can share it'd be great. Thanks fellas, Jay

Oh and i did SEARCH!

·
Relentless Motorsports
1,222 Posts
i drilled a hole above and to the right of that grommet. BE CAREFUL PUNCHING HOLES IN THE GROMMET!! there is a wiring harness tucked in there and i went straight through it and damaged it after a 500 dollar repair i decided to never go through that again. the best thing to do since it is so hot... is just go to a car audio place give um ten bucks and they will drill a hole in a nice safe place for ya.... but if you want to do it yourself go above and to the right of that drivers side rubber grommet.... its just a thin piece of metal there and very easy to drill through....

·
AKA Sugar Plum
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah i'll look into drilling a hole but then i need to find a grommet first, hope you have your wire though a grommet or it'll eventually rub through.

Thanks Sam, i don't care what EVERYONE says about you, you're an alright gay, uhhh i mean guy.:shake:

I'm going to try Sam's method first, after i pull the front on my truck in the garage!

·
Relentless Motorsports
1,222 Posts
i just wrapped that area with plastic wire cover.

·
AKA Sugar Plum
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
anyone put the amp being the read seat? I'd really like to be able to put some stuff on the passenger side under the seat still, like a tow strap, etc.

·
Snooby Doo
1,378 Posts
you can get grommets at home depot (the rubber ones) or i went to best buy and had them drill the hole for me, for free. and they even put in a hard plastic grommet for me.

·
AKA Sugar Plum
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i drilled a hole and put a grommet in and then sealed around it with black epoxy putty. I hope it never has to come out!

Amp location?

·
dieselz powerz
82 Posts
Under the rear seat.

or I've seen guys put it under the front console if you have that one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts