GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Left Jizz
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an 88' K1500 w/ TBI 350 and 700R4. I had an issue with my truck stalling out and I thought it was the fuel pump and I took it into our college's shop and they put a fuel pump in and also the cap and rotor was getting bad so they replaced it too.

Now my problem is that it's been 3 weeks since they worked on it and I've put several hundred miles on it so I don't think it's anything they did, but now my truck won't start. I pulled into the parking lot and stopped and it died and will not refire. I took the fuel line off and tuned the key on and it pumped out fuel, tried priming it even, and they just tested the plug wires and the plugs are only 6 months old. The dist. cap and rotor look good and all the wires are in correct places.

Anybody have any suggestions on where to start looking for bad parts/components?

·
Left Jizz
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SES light is always on for emissions, does anybody have the codes to decipher the light? I know 11 and 12 blinks are emissions, but i dont remember any others. Also which two terminals do you jump to make it blink again?

I read this and realized I sound incredibly retarted. But I really have checked the codes before, it's just been 4 yrs.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Pressure reg?

·
Registered
840 Posts
I believe this engine has a distibutor with the ignition module and the coil in it. If so, it could be either one of them. I assume it cranks but won't fire?

·
Left Jizz
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, it will crank forever and not fire. And what pres. reg. are you refering too hitman.

My buddies in auto-tech. will be back monday so I will have some real tools to work with. My 50 pc. craftsman set is so limited compared to a fully stocked snap-on chest.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Flowing fuel doesn't mean you have the proper fuel pressure. There should be a regulator somewhere.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts