GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
just chillen...
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 99 nbs and Im thinking of making able to fit 2 rifles or rifle and shotgun.

I wanna find a way to place my pistol in the center console and be holstered and also still leave room for my cb.

I will stick to gun rack for now cause its getting close to time for us to start hunting pigs again.

·
Registered
6 Posts
They make dual gun gun racks that you can mount to the roof inside your cab. They are pretty slick. As for your pistol in the center console, I guess it would depend on what type of holster you are using and what kind of modifications you'd be willing to make to the inside of your console

·
00silvy
3,679 Posts
I have a safe for my glock when I can't take it with me. It's small and has a cable attached to it that is bolted to the floor of my truck under my console. It was like $20 on Amazon.

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
Is that the best place for a pistol is in the center console? I've been wanting to carry in my truck but just didn't know where a good place to put it would be

·
Yake is a Fgt
3,582 Posts
I leave mine in my door. Not safe per-say but I can get to it quickly if i need to

·
cunts
2,743 Posts
Short trips across town it stays holstered. Long trips on highway I usually put it on top of the center console. If I have to leave it in the truck (basically anywhere with metal detectors) it stays inside the center console. I actually have a safe like [MENTION=46897]FiestyZ71[/MENTION] described but haven't gotten around to using it :crazy:

·
Toxic Masculinity
3,739 Posts
How did y'all psychos get a carry license :eek: J/K

Stays on the hip usually in a supertuck. When I have to disarm "safe zones" I unload, field strip and carry only the barrel (3") in my pocket. I'm not comfortable leaving an operating loaded pistol inside my vehicle.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Door pocket is worst place to truck carry. There's no was to respond quickly enough to a threat with out completely giving away your intent.

Hot craigslist for a kydex holster guy, have a holster made to fit between your seat and center console.
Or bolt any kydex holster to the knee bolster under steering column.
Bolting a kydex holster in center console on left side, if you have the hight for your pistol is also good choice.

Door is bad. Mmmkay...

·
Yake is a Fgt
3,582 Posts
Door works for me since I'm left handed. And my pistol isn't small enough to comfortably keep in my waistband while driving

·
GMFS Czar
2,031 Posts
How did y'all psychos get a carry license :eek: J/K

Stays on the hip usually in a supertuck. When I have to disarm "safe zones" I unload, field strip and carry only the barrel (3") in my pocket. I'm not comfortable leaving an operating loaded pistol inside my vehicle.
Statistically the time you're most likely to need to protect yourself and you've got a field stripped gun and a loose barrel in your pocket. Terrible, terrible practice. You should alter that by taking the magazine out if you're really that uncomfortable with a functional piece. Then again - you never know when you'll run across an improvising criminal who carries a spare loaded mag.

In a pinch, door pocket is just fine for driving.

·
Fat, bald guy.
672 Posts
I have a tahoe, I keep it in the passenger seat rear pocket, if I stop somewhere I just push it down a little further till I get back in the tahoe. Easy to get to if I need it and hidden well enough no one can see it because of the tinted windows.

·
Timbrage: Engage
5,659 Posts
sticky holster in between the center console and drivers seat

·
Toxic Masculinity
3,739 Posts
Statistically the time you're most likely to need to protect yourself and you've got a field stripped gun and a loose barrel in your pocket. Terrible, terrible practice.
If re-read my post you'll see "safe zones" as where firearms are not permitted. One can't protect themselves or others with a firearm (legally) inside a gun free zone. Instead of an operational weapon left inside an unattended vehicle, that could be used to harm myself or others, is no longer a threat. Fantastic, fantastic practice! If others would adhere to similar practices I'm positive many lives could have and would have been spared.

·
GMFS Czar
2,031 Posts
If re-read my post you'll see "safe zones" as where firearms are not permitted. One can't protect themselves or others with a firearm (legally) inside a gun free zone. Instead of an operational weapon left inside an unattended vehicle, that could be used to harm myself or others, is no longer a threat. Fantastic, fantastic practice! If others would adhere to similar practices I'm positive many lives could have and would have been spared.
I did read your post and it's even more troubling given your more in-depth explanation. So-called "Gun free zones" in Texas are quite common as well assuming their signage is legal. In Texas, for example, it specifically indicates what is called a "30.06" sign which must be posted on all entrances. The sign consists of the specific statute regarding the law with one inch lettering clearly printed in both English and Spanish. In the absence of this specific sign, legally speaking, the signage means absolutely nothing and can be ignored by any licensed concealed carry holder. Even a small deviation such as 1/2" lettering does not suffice and should therefore be ignored per the law of the land.

Common "gun free zones" w/ legal signage are random private establishments, schools, courthouses, etc. However - we're talking about our firearms inside of our own vehicles here, not inside of any gun free buildings, therefore your point is entirely moot. These laws do not apply to the inside of your vehicle. I looked up South Carolina and the Castle Doctrine, while quite liberal but limited in some sense, applies. If you are ever truly put in a dangerous situation are you suggesting that we are to care what the proper law is for the method of carrying a concealed weapon versus that over protecting life? I'm not suggesting to break any law and take your gun everywhere you go - particularly into legal gun free zones - but you're taking it too far into an area where it's perfectly legal to possess a firearm.

Leaving yourself vulnerable and unarmed in an area where only the law abiding citizen is going to be unarmed themselves could never be considered a safe practice. You're leaving yourself exposed for however long it takes you to reassemble your Kimber and slam the slide back. Which granted, is likely only half a minute or less, but we can all agree on the fact that it only takes seconds to be taken advantage of. You're suggesting that you take the most vulnerable time you're exposed to and field strip your gun. It is by definition a poor and unsafe practice for you and everyone else as well. There is a reason the citizens who choose to safely carry a firearm often internally or externally debate over "chambered or not chambered..." - because lives are at stake all the time - and seconds count.

Do you honestly believe someone intending to do you harm is going to happen to have a loaded magazine on their person; assuming it is even of the same caliber, happen to get ahold of your gun, and harm you with it? I can't even imagine where you would've adopted this ridiculous practice and I'd suggest you readjust it slightly by simply removing your magazines if you're that uncomfortable around a functional weapon.

It troubles me to have to point out that a gun is not functional without its rounds and magazine.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I did read your post and it's even more troubling given your more in-depth explanation. So-called "Gun free zones" in Texas are quite common as well assuming their signage is legal. In Texas, for example, it specifically indicates what is called a "30.06" sign which must be posted on all entrances. The sign consists of the specific statute regarding the law with one inch lettering clearly printed in both English and Spanish. In the absence of this specific sign, legally speaking, the signage means absolutely nothing and can be ignored by any licensed concealed carry holder. Even a small deviation such as 1/2" lettering does not suffice and should therefore be ignored per the law of the land.

Common "gun free zones" w/ legal signage are random private establishments, schools, courthouses, etc. However - we're talking about our firearms inside of our own vehicles here, not inside of any gun free buildings, therefore your point is entirely moot. These laws do not apply to the inside of your vehicle. I looked up South Carolina and the Castle Doctrine, while quite liberal but limited in some sense, applies. If you are ever truly put in a dangerous situation are you suggesting that we are to care what the proper law is for the method of carrying a concealed weapon versus that over protecting life? I'm not suggesting to break any law and take your gun everywhere you go - particularly into legal gun free zones - but you're taking it too far into an area where it's perfectly legal to possess a firearm.

Leaving yourself vulnerable and unarmed in an area where only the law abiding citizen is going to be unarmed themselves could never be considered a safe practice. You're leaving yourself exposed for however long it takes you to reassemble your Kimber and slam the slide back. Which granted, is likely only half a minute or less, but we can all agree on the fact that it only takes seconds to be taken advantage of. You're suggesting that you take the most vulnerable time you're exposed to and field strip your gun. It is by definition a poor and unsafe practice for you and everyone else as well. There is a reason the citizens who choose to safely carry a firearm often internally or externally debate over "chambered or not chambered..." - because lives are at stake all the time - and seconds count.

Do you honestly believe someone intending to do you harm is going to happen to have a magazine on their person, happen to get ahold of your gun, and harm you with it? I can't even imagine where you would've adopted this ridiculous practice and I'd suggest you readjust it slightly by simply removing your magazines if you're that uncomfortable around a functional weapon.

It troubles me to have to point out that a gun is not functional without it's rounds and magazine.

Nailed it.

·
Registered
132 Posts
My benelli shotgun I usually keep on the backseat most of the time. Bolt action rifles I always keep in a case. Pistols usually on the center console or inside of it. I have a few buddy's that have their door compartments filled with loose ammo, I keep mine pretty organized. A lot of people also keep their rifles or shotguns in the floor board leaning against the front seat on the passenger side.

·
i like interco
3,269 Posts
Keep my pistol in the holster in the console and an ar laid across my back seat in Tahoe and Dmax. Pistol in the scrawny ass flip up console in my ranger.

The gun racks that fit onto the roof inside the cab hang too low ,and I hit my head on the damn things. My dad had one in a nbs it sucked. I'm only 6' 2" too.

·
Toxic Masculinity
3,739 Posts
In the absence of this specific sign, legally speaking, the signage means absolutely nothing and can be ignored by any licensed concealed carry holder. Even a small deviation such as 1/2" lettering does not suffice and should therefore be ignored per the law of the land.
You try that in the state of North Caroling (I live on the border sc/nc) and you'll be in jail and loose your permit and weapon. The NC signage laws will fuck you in a heartbeat!

A store owner could write in crayon on a fucking post-it note NO GUNS stick it anywhere in view on the store window and it carries the full weight of the law conspicuous being the keyword here. And don't knit pick me to death please. Didn't I post "When I have to disarm "safe zones" I know we're talking about vehicle carry here. The only time I carry just the barrel is during Dr. appointments. In NC you can't carry in a Dr office if the office is in a medical center (mine is) where there is any type of school... off limits totally. I mean dam during a physical you have to strip down almost f'n naked where the hell dose one conceal a handgun (don't go there lol) without possibly freaking out the staff that might be anti-gun :shrug:

NC 14-415.11. said:
a permit does not authorize a person to carry a concealed handgun in any of the following:

On any private premises where notice that carrying a concealed handgun is prohibited by the posting of a conspicuous notice or statement by the person in legal possession or control of the premises.
I know the state laws I travel and my firearm(s) are always at the ready, in battery, ready to go bang. If I get mugged while unarmed by law on the way to my vehicle, the law disarmed me, not by my choice! If I have a 3" barrel in my pocket or not... it isn't going to change a goddamn thing!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts