GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to find a place I can put my 4 channel amp in my NBS EC silverado. I have an LS so 40/20/40 front, one piece rear bench. Under the bench is full (custom box). Is there a way to get it behind the rear seatback? Or under the front two seats?

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
thats where I put them, behind the seat

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
This is my brothers truck, my amp is mounted back there is well, he also modified his rear seat so he could fold it down to adjust his amps ... it wasn't much to it, there are some tabs at the top that he just bent down so they wouldn't lock into the back wall .... seat still folds up like normal. In the middle picture on the right you can see the tab on the seat, and the bracket is on the same side on the back wall in white .. future plans are to cover the back wall and seat in carpet.

amps.jpg

box4.jpg

box3.jpg

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
bcubed said:
This is my brothers truck, my amp is mounted back there is well, he also modified his rear seat so he could fold it down to adjust his amps ... it wasn't much to it, there are some tabs at the top that he just bent down so they wouldn't lock into the back wall ]
Ive wondered about that if it would work. I always thought it was a funny thing to not have them fold

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
94flamds10blazr said:
Ive wondered about that if it would work. I always thought it was a funny thing to not have them fold
It's be neat of some company came up with an aftermarket latch to put there, but even as it is he says it rarely falls forward unless you stop fast and no one is sitting in the back. I think I first saw and got the idea for it from LoChevyGRL

·
Registered
520 Posts
Here's an update with my mod to the back seat, because I can't stand the F*ckin thing rattling on some of the bumpy roads or flopping down during hard breaking. I just got called by the machine shop, and I'll show you guys once I get it installed hopefully this weekend. I wanted to install electric latches, but too complicated for now. I have a pretty neat latch design similar to how the bottom portion has a black strap to release. Took awhile, but I'll post hopefully this weekend if it works.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Just to add to the installation of the amps...make sure you fold in the 2 tabs that were used to hold the middle portion of the bench down. I put a nice scratch on my chrome Audiobahn when I was test-fitting. Looked clear until I looked closer and saw the scratch. :nono:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts