GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i want to get a new tranny cooler for my new 4l80e because i know there only like 50 bucks and there GREAT insurance to have for the trans. who makes some good ones?

·
NCOR
8,449 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
kyle, is that to replace the factory cooler or is it one you mount anywhere and leave the stock one in? where did you mount yours?

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
kyle, is that to replace the factory cooler or is it one you mount anywhere and leave the stock one in? where did you mount yours?

You mean the heat exchanger in the radiator? You want to keep that.

The stacked plate has been shown to cool better than the tube/fin.

·
GMFS Member
4,390 Posts

·
NCOR
8,449 Posts
Factory being in radiator or the optional aux cooler? I used my aux cooler as my new ps cooler to keep it cool with the hydraulic ram I added and I just didn't hook up to the cooler/warmer in the radiator as I think the bypass should help the trans warm up but not hinder cooling like the in radiator unit, but thats my own theory.

I mounted mine behind the grill:
80e904.jpg

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Factory being in radiator or the optional aux cooler? I used my aux cooler as my new ps cooler to keep it cool with the hydraulic ram I added and I just didn't hook up to the cooler/warmer in the radiator as I think the bypass should help the trans warm up but not hinder cooling like the in radiator unit, but thats my own theory.

I mounted mine behind the grill:
80e904.jpg
:shake:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts