GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in a small town :flame: and cant find shit around here...

so is there any where i can order spray (rattle can:flame: ) paint that will match my truck better than regular old white spray paint

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
I think you can get touch up paint in a can from the dealer.

With that said, i wouldn't bother, i've never had any good luck with paint out of a can. When i switched to spraying DuPont paint out of a gun i noticed a worlds of difference! I'd highly suggest looking into it or just having someone else do it...you likely won't be happy with rattlecan results on your truck.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Y2KSierra said:
I think you can get touch up paint in a can from the dealer.

With that said, i wouldn't bother, i've never had any good luck with paint out of a can. When i switched to spraying DuPont paint out of a gun i noticed a worlds of difference! I'd highly suggest looking into it or just having someone else do it...you likely won't be happy with rattlecan results on your truck.
well this was going to be a temp fix until i got my truck bagged and used the compresser tanks on it as a air source (i have a spray gun but no air)

plus its only the front bumper upper and lower piecies which the lower will get fucked up anyhow scrapin on shit

·
Handshake Drugs
310 Posts
So where do you get your paint (the dupont)? I live in a small town so theres only a few paint or automotive places. I'm almost ready to paint my dash and next will be my front bumper so how much do I need? :bowtie:

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
I get my paint from a local shop called "Car Color Center" They specialize in automotive refinishing products. I always get the Dupont Chromabase and Dupont clear. They mix it up on the spot and then i'm on my way.

I am about to do the top half of my dash so i got a pint ready to spray...i've already done the bottom of the dash and it took very little paint to cover it all. To do your dash and bumper i'd say you'd need around a quart, that would leave you alot incase you needed to redo something, and then you'd likely have some left over for future projects :)

·
Handshake Drugs
310 Posts
Theres probably no place in town to go so I guess I'll have to order it if I can. Wheres the best place to order from if possible? And where can I find my paint code?

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
im just going to take this piece to a body shop and get them to do it since im f'n tired of sanding :flame:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts