GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Missin the switches
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering where everyone buys their parts if they dont go to a store..I dont want to pay Napas prices, i know i can get moog parts cheaper somewhere. I need new tie rods, pitman/idler arm for the Tahoe..let me know what you got..thanks

·
Missin the switches
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have autozone, napa, carquest and now they are building an orielys..not open yet..

on a side note, for the NBS with rack and pinion, do i only need the outer tie rod ends? or both inner and outer?

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
Ive price matched a lot of shit off rockauto.com at kragen/oreilleys, just put it in your cart and print it out

·
Suburbanite
597 Posts
Wonder whats the difference between Service and Pro grade is...?
The Pro grade is a much better product. If you're going to buy Spicer, definitely buy the Pro grade. The product quality of the Spicer Pro Grade is second to none for OEM replacement.

·
haz 12"s!
4,531 Posts
Ive always known Spicer was good stuff, but didnt know the diff. WHats funny is that OEM used them too since I have a Spicer front yoke.

·
To busy too care
281 Posts
Wonder whats the difference between Service and Pro grade is...?
Pro Grade is OEM spec or better, service grade is what shops use to try to keep the prices down. Yeah you can use it but it won't last long. For example, a sway bar end link in pro grade will be like a 3/4" bolt, while the service grade will be 1/4".

·
Suburbanite
597 Posts
Pro Grade is OEM spec or better, service grade is what shops use to try to keep the prices down. Yeah you can use it but it won't last long. For example, a sway bar end link in pro grade will be like a 3/4" bolt, while the service grade will be 1/4".
You got it a bit mixed up. Pro grade is better than OEM spec while service grade is OEM spec or possibly a bit better. We use nothing but the Pro grade in our shop and we have 300 fleet vehicles that are driven by people who don't really care how they treat them. We found that the pro grade gave us much longer service life compared to the Moog problem solvers and the service grade parts.

·
To busy too care
281 Posts
You got it a bit mixed up. Pro grade is better than OEM spec while service grade is OEM spec or possibly a bit better. We use nothing but the Pro grade in our shop and we have 300 fleet vehicles that are driven by people who don't really care how they treat them. We found that the pro grade gave us much longer service life compared to the Moog problem solvers and the service grade parts.
OOOPS, I mixed it up because I confused it with a parts line that they use at our local parts store, its called Professional's Choice. They normally ask us if we want Moog or white box, they don't like to call it cheap.

·
Broke
1,169 Posts
Just to clarify...Since Im going to be replacing these parts soon and am looking for the best price.

The Spicer brand you guys mention is the Raybestos brand right?
Since I can "pricematch" like Joe does here at a Kragens...

·
Suburbanite
597 Posts
Just to clarify...Since Im going to be replacing these parts soon and am looking for the best price.

The Spicer brand you guys mention is the Raybestos brand right?
Since I can "pricematch" like Joe does here at a Kragens...
That's it, Just make sure it's the Spicer/Raybestos Pro Grade

1 - 16 of 16 Posts