GMC Truck Forum banner

Where to buy Lift/Tires/Wheels?

2K views 18 replies 14 participants last post by  DirtyBlackHoe 
#1 ·
Where is everyone buying their tires/wheels/lift kits? I know 4 Wheel Parts runs ads in all the mags as well as a few other large distributors but does anyone really buy from them? The reason I ask if because everyone has said they've had some rough experiences from 4WP especially and want to go through an established company that has a good reputation, but not get ripped either.

Post up your favorite places to purchase lift kits, tire, wheels, and other GM truck accessories!

#4 ·
I dont think ive ever heard anything bad about National Tire and Wheel = ntwonline.com

Also, tirepackage.com has good prices on tires

Tomzwheels has good wheel prices too.. seach google for his website name... but i think its just that.. tomzwheels.com

#6 ·
Awesome! Thanks for the replies guys. Just wanted to take a double precaution before making any large orders since I had heard mixed reviews. Also didn't want to over look anywhere that may snag me a better deal. I appreciate everyone's input and scour the listed sites to find the best deals!!

#7 ·
I did not like 4wp for a while but they gave me my fox shocks for 150 a shock so i thought that was a steal.

#12 ·
Yea just tell them you found the price like 100 bucks cheaper or something for the what ever your getting. Like my shocks I told them i found them for 160, buit really the cheapest i found them for was 165 and i got them for 150 so just deal with them, and they will usally deal with you.

Haha the shocks still cost about the same amount as a 6 inch lift with the clamps and tax and stuff tho haha.

#13 ·
They usually make you show proof of where the price is at then they add on shipping then say there stuff is cheaper. LOL

#16 ·
I'll match anything within reason but most of the assholes blow it for the guys who just want a good deal. I had a guy come down from the mountains to price match on some iroks and when I went online to see how they were $50 cheaper then us per tire I found out they would charge him almost 300 for shipping and it would take 2 weeks. Guy got all pissed at me and said "the guy told me he would match any price, this is bullshit I drove all the way blah blah blah" until I told him I would take $15 off each of our tires. He accepted and then proceeded to buy a $500 gift card so that he could get the free $50 card for himself (promotion) and then bought the tires with both cards. I just cashed his cheap ass out and asked his girl if he ever buys her anything, she smiled at me and promptly said no just before he grabbed her arm and went to the warehouse to pick up his tires in will call :rofl2:

#17 ·
I'll match anything within reason but most of the assholes blow it for the guys who just want a good deal. I had a guy come down from the mountains to price match on some iroks and when I went online to see how they were $50 cheaper then us per tire I found out they would charge him almost 300 for shipping and it would take 2 weeks. Guy got all pissed at me and said "the guy told me he would match any price, this is bullshit I drove all the way blah blah blah" until I told him I would take $15 off each of our tires. He accepted and then proceeded to buy a $500 gift card so that he could get the free $50 card for himself (promotion) and then bought the tires with both cards. I just cashed his cheap ass out and asked his girl if he ever buys her anything, she smiled at me and promptly said no just before he grabbed her arm and went to the warehouse to pick up his tires in will call :rofl2:
LOL!

And thanks again EVERYONE for your comments and suggestions. I'll shop around and check out ebay, 4wp, desert rat, sams, and the others suggested here.

It helps greatly getting advice from you gentlemen who have bought plenty of items from several retailers/businesses. I'll keep everyone posted on my purchase and what kind of a deal I can find.

Once again, it's much appreciated!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.