GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Missin the switches
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the return line from the fuel rail got kinked inside the flexible hose..i got them all straightened out finally but that hose is still messed up..what are my options? It needs to have the disconnect on the fuel rail side, then it somehow crimps onto the solid fuel line..im thinkin since its the return side the fuel pressure wont be as high so i could probably just buy some flex line and replace it, but idk what to do about the disconnect part..

any ideas? i can get some pictures tomorrow..

or else I would have to get the whole new fuel line set up, from under the truck to the motor..i know the main tube goes through the fuel filter so i can add new line fro, there, but idk about the return line..

Thanks

·
Registered
59 Posts
I remember doing this awhile back on a 3500 dump truck. I think the return line runs along with the supply line. I got all of my lines and fittings at NAPA. I don't know how others feel about NAPA, but they gave me everything I needed. Kinda pricey though. Make sure you have a good flaring tool kit, a GOOD quality tube bending kit, and your flare nut wrenches. Depending on how clean things are underneath, the line will probably brake at the filter, so you may want to have one handy. I hope this helps. As for the disconnect, I haven't dealt with that

·
Missin the switches
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i realized i found my lines from the motor swap, so im gonna splice into the return line, since i think its lower pressjure, and use the soft hose from the old motor and some rubber line and fix it..hopefully

1 - 3 of 3 Posts