GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a Porter Cable orbital polisher, and I am in need of pads and backing plates? Anyone know any places with great pricing and service?
Thanks-
Jason

·
GM Trucks & UA
1,635 Posts
Chris does a damn fine job with customer service and the products he sells are very good...

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
You need to stock Edge pads :read: :D
Edge is a very difficult company to work with. I found that lake country is more popular anyway in detailing circles. I've used both, and when comparing apples to apples, (ie: flat pads ), there really is no difference in performance and mainly use LC now. One thing I have noticed however, is that the velcro backing on lake country seem to last much longer than the edge pads. I've lost a few edge pads already to the velcro coming apart from the foam.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Forgot you use a PC for most of your work :anitoof:

I've heard of some people having the same problem with the Edge pads on a PC, where the glue :D comes apart from the backing plate. Seems like a few select people run into this problem, but I guess my experience with them is 100% rotary use. I've had my waffle pads for at least a year now (although they don't get used as much) and I can usually get at least 4-6 months out of a conventional flat pad, depending on how much use/abuse it sees. I have zero pad hop, no vibrations from the pad being off-center, I love 'em. But the only pads I can compare them to are the Megs pads, which are limited to cut/polish/glaze pads (If I remember right) but they're 10X better than Megs IMO

·
Registered
405 Posts
Yep, we do have lake country pads and backing plates available. I even have a package deal available on them. Link is here, and like Clinton said, you can enter coupon code gmfullsize for 15% off too :)
Let me know if I can answer any questions for you on getting started w/ the pc :)
http://www.glimmerglassdetailing.com/padandplstki.html
Chris,
What brand of backing pad is it? The one that came with my PC doesn't seem to hold the pads as well as I like. Thanks

And AZCATFAN is right Chris is excellent to buy from..

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
yea the oem backing plate on the pc isnt too wonderful. Although I did use mine for quite a while, I waited til it started to separate before swapping it out to the lake country one. Its just a much nicer backing plate.

·
Registered
405 Posts
yea the oem backing plate on the pc isnt too wonderful. Although I did use mine for quite a while, I waited til it started to separate before swapping it out to the lake country one. Its just a much nicer backing plate.
So it is a LC backing pad?? If so I will be setting up an order in the near future again.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Ordered, thanks for another great buy Chris...:shake:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts