GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is the best place to get a wheel bearing for my truck? Oreilly's said about $250, is that the going price, or can they be had for less?

·
The suspension changer
1,658 Posts
Thats real high imo. I can get them for $142 each here at orilleys.

·
The suspension changer
1,658 Posts
You know if you find a part with the same warranty as theirs if it's cheaper then theirs they will price match to beat the compedators price even if it's not the same brand just has to have the same warranty as theirs does.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I bought mine from GMpartsdierct.com. It was about $190 shipped for my HD. The LD's might be cheaper. Just have to get a part number for it.

·
YUH
7,600 Posts
whats it sound like when their goin bad? my truck has a hum that goes up and down according to speed and its not the tires.. i can pick it out whenever my stereos not on.

·
The suspension changer
1,658 Posts
If is goes up and down it could also be your ball joints to but prob a bearing. It makes like a scratchy/squeeky/light grinding sound.lol I hope that discription helps.

·
The suspension changer
1,658 Posts
I don't think they will warranty it with big tires or lifted right??? I know they throw a fit over here about that stuff.

·
The suspension changer
1,658 Posts
Jack the wheel up, grab the tire at 12o clock and 6 o clock and move it up and down kinda quick and if it is bad you will feel the slack.

·
submarine z71
1,312 Posts
If is goes up and down it could also be your ball joints to but prob a bearing. It makes like a scratchy/squeeky/light grinding sound.lol I hope that discription helps.
mother fucker
i need atleast one wheel bearing

anyway to tell the difference between a bearing and balljoint? cause from what people tell me you check it the same way

·
YUH
7,600 Posts
yeah my lift is all warrantied and shit so i just gotta take it in and theyll do their thing. i paid for a good warranty so imma damn well use it. im not 18 anymore. i got to make money to live on.. not throw parties with. i dont have that kinda time anymore. i need a damn good truck with everything in order when i need it.

·
PaintWorx
418 Posts
i bought my hub assembly at NAPA for $150 plus tax. everywhere else i checked was between 2 and 3 hundred.

·
The suspension changer
1,658 Posts
mother fucker

anyway to tell the difference between a bearing and balljoint? cause from what people tell me you check it the same way
Yes there is, you can jack it up just enough to get a pry bar under the tire and pry up under the tire pretty good and if the joints move or have slack they are worn. Its real easy to do if you have someone to help you either watch the joints or work the pry bar. I check mine every week.lol

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
REINCARNATED THIS THREAD!

Does anyone have the part number for the front, drivers side hub assembly on a 2006 Chevrolet Crew Cab 2wd w/5.3L?

Thanks

·
EMBRACE WHAT'S LEFT
3,487 Posts
mother fucker

wheel bearings are cheap for our truck like 10 bucks

1 - 15 of 15 Posts