GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
trucknut
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking into starting a long term project to eventually replace the truck and was wondering where I could find something like a front wrecked tahoe or denali. Should I check local auto auctions or is there a place on the web so I can check prices. Also, does anyone have a part number for a Duramax Diesel engine and Allison transmission? Thanks:)

·
internet bigot®
4,016 Posts
there is a whole auto trader type catalog that is just wrecks in it. i cant remember what its called, but it would be a start. maybe its called wreck trader.... :crazy:

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
thecodeman said:
Ive tried that site. Im not looking for parts, but the whole vehicle with a dorked front end.

Call some local wrecking yards, I'm sure they'll have something. No point in trying to ship something like that.

Since you're in Waco, check up here in the DFW area too.

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
i know people to call in houston and san antonio. they sometimes get theft recoverys for pennies. only thing is, you are buying JUST a shell.

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
Stealthdump said:
What good is a salvage title?
well, if you are gonna keep it, and not really worried about selling it later, then you can live with a salvage title. there are also ways to wash the title clean. some of the insurance vehicles get sold with clean titles suprisingly.

·
Pink Bear Man...
1,455 Posts
Theres a Rear-Endless hummer shell here. Kinda fubar on one side though, but it looks good.

·
Plead The First
2,593 Posts
Josh said:
well, if you are gonna keep it, and not really worried about selling it later, then you can live with a salvage title. there are also ways to wash the title clean. some of the insurance vehicles get sold with clean titles suprisingly.
Yes, and guys like me get fooked for it. I didn't know my was a theft recovery till the bank sent me a notice. How nice of them to let me know instead of the insurance company or even more importatnly the dealer. Oh well, it was a steal.

·
trucknut
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Stealthdump said:
What good is a salvage title?
I can get a basically brand new truck for thousands cheaper than new or even used, I know the quality of work in it because I did it, and its customized the way I want. :imo I mean, whats the point of spending thousands on a truck just to take the stuff on it off, and buy new stuff to replace it, youre double dipping your bank account for the same thing.

·
It's Jerry's World
3,573 Posts
word codeneezio, around here construction crews ETC get new trucks every couple of years, so its easy to grab nice trucks cheap

1 - 13 of 13 Posts