GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yesterday I was driving on a sort of narrow side street and there's this black GMC pick-up that's parked a bit away from the curb :flame: Long story short, I didn't notice how far out it was until I whacked his drivers side mirror with my passenger mirror. Nothing happened to me, but I busted out his glass. Although I don't think I should be at fault considering he was sticking out as far as he was, I agreed to replace it. Dealer said it's roughly $400+ to replace it :pow: It's got to be heated or something because some goop came out of it when it cracked, and there's wires coming off the mirror.

Is there ANYWHERE I can find a mirror for less? I just realized while typing this that I should check Ebay so I'll do that right now. but I've got to get this replaced ASAP since his lease ends in less than 2 weeks (or so he says...)

So any elp would be GREATLY appreciated! :head:

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
if the goop came out then it is an auto dimming mirror. Some early non turn sinal in mirror had this option DL3. Later the DL3 option included power fold and led turn signal. If it does not have the LED turn signal then fuck it and replace with any old mirror glass. Dealer won't notice it lost the auto dim function. Having a LED turn signal on one side and not the other is a bit more obvious though.

Good Luck!

Mr. 960

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lowballer: It's heated, I guess auto-dimming? And has the turn signal. I appreciate your offer, but I just plan on ordering one off Ebay this morning. I just want to make sure I get exactly what was on there. This guy is being a picky SOB about it :crazy:

Mr. 960: I was thinking I could do that but when I realized it's got the turn signal and everything, I figured it would be a bit obvious if I replaced it with any old glass :lol: I've got the dudes VIN so I guess I could call the dealer just to double check. If it turns out it doesn't have the turn signal, I'll probably just do that! :D

Thanks for your help guys!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts