GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive looked at all the stores around here that sells tools...been to sears, all the auto parts stores, lowes, home depot, tractor supply, no one has one...i don't need it today, or even in the next month, but i will need one in the next 6 months (i just don't want to be reassembling my friends axles and not be able to torque down his ball joint nuts). Snap on has one...for like $25...no thank you on that one tho. If anyone knows of anywhere where i can find one for under $10 (hopefully under like $12 shipped) PLEASE tell me...im tired of searching.

·
got beer?
189 Posts
if you are going to use the socket very much.I would go ahead a buy a good one like snap-on,mac,or cornwell.if you are just going to use every now and them a cheap one will be ok.but just think what if it breaks when you really need it.think of tools as an investment.you can look here http://www.harborfreight.com/ they sell some cheap tools and some of them are not too bad. and you can use a 33mm its the same http://www.northerntool.com is another place to look

·
5,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a full set up to 1 1/4" craftsmen stuff, so i know tools are an investment, which is how i justify buyin them...i just don't know the next time im gonna use it...i think this will be the only time we use it for prob 2 years or so (until i get a new front axle) so i just can't justify buyin a $25 socket. we just want to make sure we torque it down right the first time...can't go wrong with doin it right on something like axles that supports the trucks weight. thanks for the links tho :shake:

·
5,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I tired...i know both autozone and advanced have 1 1/2" and 36mm...but next size smaller is 1 1/4" and 32mm...

·
got beer?
189 Posts
RedneckDude said:
I tired...i know both autozone and advanced have 1 1/2" and 36mm...but next size smaller is 1 1/4" and 32mm...
try a shop that sells truck parts,will probably be 3/4" or 1" drive,but Im sure a shop that sells truck parts will have it,most truck lug nuts are 1 5/16" or 33mm.

·
Chevrolet Owner
315 Posts
man i know exactly what you mean. i actually have that socket except its metric. I needed it for the nut that holds on the yolk on my transfer case when my driveshaft grenaded on me. I went everywhere and the last place i went was a whole in the wall hardware store that had 4 or 5 different ones (impact and chromies in metric and standard) I got an impact metric for 7 bucks. What you could do is buy one and then return it when you are done

·
5,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We might have to go with that SK one. I am not positive, but i think we may also be able to use some 3/4" drive stuff...now to see if we can also use some stuff from the club car shop...they have ashop press, sandblaster...good stuff like, and my friends step dad is pretty high up there, so we might get lucky.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts