GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i dont really wanna order it from the internet cause id like to get this done either today or tomorrow..so should i call a car audio shop? how much does it usually run per foot?

·
professional grade
2,999 Posts
I'd just call around and get prices. But I know at CC a lot of the times its cheaper for people just to buy an amp kit.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i bought an amp kit..i just need wire to do my big 3..or i guess i could just buy an amp kit and use it for that..?

·
Snooby Doo
1,378 Posts
CC sells 1/0? (i work at bby)... bby doesnt sell anything larger then 4awg! online you can get 1/0 for close to 1.00ft retail youre prolly gonna spend closer to 3.00ft

·
professional grade
2,999 Posts
yeah we sell 2 1/0 kits, but at our store we cant install them. I dont know if we have a drill big enough or dont have the gromets or something, I cant remember what it was. But it doesnt really matter, I know we dont and I doubt most CC or BBs sell anything where they would actually need bigger than 4.

·
professional grade
2,999 Posts
well we have a kicker ZX1000.1 in stock and we can order the ZX1500.1, I think the same goes for MTX, we can order their bigger amps. But the city my store is located in, is full of people who think they know shit but they dont. They come in, wanting 1000 watts and when they hear 699.99 "thats too much and their boy can hook them up". So we carry the shit, but the store is located in a town where it will never sell.

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
I always use my local car audio shops that are not large retail. In fact I use 1 so much he gives me a break on prices. And if he has scraps that are the lenght i need he doesn't charge.

·
nytahoeon23's
1,147 Posts

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
BB does carry a 1000 watt now being the BD 1000 and we can get 2 ga if we order it and the kits really expensive!
Ive been thinking about ordering a roll if people are interested, PM me

·
My Dixie Wrecked
5,510 Posts
I got mine from Tessco. Its where we get all our wire and splices connectors and stuff for werk..

·
Left Jizz
1,225 Posts
go to your local car parts store and see if they have welding wire. My buddy got 1/0 for his amp install and big 3 for $2.00 a ft. It's the same size wire, just fewer strands so it's not as flexible. Lots of people on caraudio.com are using it with no problems.

Also, crutchfield has it, but it's $8.00/ft.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah ill just cruis down to my local CA shop tomorrow or friday.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thanks orangeburban, but i need 2 colors and i dont wanna pay 8.50 for shipping haha. i guess ill try napa also

·
Stay Gold!!!!
6,522 Posts
I always use my local car audio shops that are not large retail. In fact I use 1 so much he gives me a break on prices. And if he has scraps that are the lenght i need he doesn't charge.
That's what I miss about the mom and pops shops. I always kept (and still do) a big container of scrap wire no matter what length. The retail places want to charge for crap like that.

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
That's what I miss about the mom and pops shops. I always kept (and still do) a big container of scrap wire no matter what length. The retail places want to charge for crap like that.
True that the closest mom and pop shop to me the owner is a dick head and he does that but the rest don't.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i picked up some 4 gauge wire today..i dont thing you need bigger than 4 gauge unless your using it for a longer route..it should be done today hopefully

1 - 20 of 26 Posts