GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be rebuilding the axle within the next couple weeks, I'm going to gear it to 5.13, just wondering the best place to get parts, BTW I get a Military discount at O'Rielly's so I'll post up their price tomorrow if I have to go to town.

Also, While I'm getting gears, should I get a locker? the Truck will be street, but it does get sloppy around here. tires will be 37-40s in a radial most likely.

·
meow
15,748 Posts
For cheap parts, I'd hit the web forums :imo I'm sure you could find ton's of cheap parts through pirate.com and craigslist.com . Dark Eternal, who is a member on here, usually has the best price on gears (don't know how much the Military discount is). Make sure you get good quality gears. I wouldn't lock the front with anything over 37's with a 44.

·
this
1,584 Posts
Spider gears in a D44 suck balls. I know, ive busted them and ive also seen them go flying thru a dif cover before.
Get a soft locker for it. A track lock is like $250ish, iirc.
It you are just rebuilding it, then use dana spicer parts. ONLY. They are worth the extra money.
If you are upgrading it then i like the Warn chromo axles.

For gears i go with www.reiderracing.com. They should be able to get you a soft locker for it also.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts