GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm installing Sirius satellite radio in my '00 Yukon SLT and all I have left to hook up is the constant 12V and the switched 12V. Where is the easiest place to get these from? I could possibly get the constant 12V from a cigarette lighter since I mounted the controller unit inside the console, but I don't know where to get the switched power from.

Thanks.

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
Look in your manual and locate one in your fuse box. That is what i did for my stereo, if you use the radio switch then it'll only come on when the key is forward or backwards, others are constant power, some are when the ignition is "on" only.

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
I usually tap off the windsheild washer 25 amp fuse. It comes on at the same time as the radio and has never failed me yet

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What about a retained accessory power wire? The way I have my satellite radio hooked up now, if I am listening to Sirius when I shut the truck off the radio turns off. But the radio stays on when I am listening to the radio or a CD. So I want to move my switched 12V wire to a wire that runs off the RAP circuit.

·
9,823 Posts
unless its a datalink radio, I think its the green wire on the back of the radio, but dont hold me to that

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You are correct Scott. I check one of the green wires on the back of the radio and it was the RAP wire. Now the satellite radio works just like it was a factory option.

·
9,823 Posts
cool, glad I could help
I swear GM is getting to be a PITA and needs to stop talking out of their ass about moving towards making it easier to add aftermarket stuff to their vehicles. They will let you add rims on now and add it to the GMAC financing as well as aftermarket radios, but its getting dam near impossible to add that stuff on!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts