GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
GMFS founding member
4,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an alpine MRV-F450 5 channel, where's the best place to put it? what's the easiest way to run the interconnects and speaker wires? thanks.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
I've got mine sitting under my driver seat, not mounted. I ran all the wires under the carpet to the bottom of the dash. There are probably better places to put it though...

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
put it behind the back seat on the back wall, easy. If your seat doesnt lean down youll have to unbolt it and go that route. just run the power wire threw the grommet on the firewall on hte drivers side to the battery and the remote and rcas down the pass side. Make sure you have about 17 footers

Whifflebat said:
I've got mine sitting under my driver seat, not mounted. I ran all the wires under the carpet to the bottom of the dash. There are probably better places to put it though...
that 5 channel might be a tad hard to get there

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
oh, just adding some info. The MVR 450 (i have one too) doesn't like for some reason long wires. I lent it to my friend and wired up the 2 rear channels to the harness, and for some reason it would over heat with the long wires. We played around with it and ran the wires from the amp straight to the speakers, and it works fine now.

Yea, the back wall is pretty much the easiest place to mount the amp. Getting ur rear seat out will be hard at first. 5 bolts, and pull up. YOu might need a friend to help you with that. Ground the amp off the middle bolt. You will prbly have to cut the insulating carpet off the back wall.

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
i used the back wall as well, and my amp has a bigass casing.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
oh if u don't wanna mount ur amp straight to ur back wall, get some MDF cut out bigger than ur amp. Use liquid nails and mount the board to the back wall. Mount the amp on that.

·
eplingphoto.com
550 Posts
5 bolts? when did they grow an extra one? LOL they sured changed that back seat alot from 99 to 2K1... Mine only has 4.

I have my amps mounted on the floor between my boxes on the tranny hump

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
when I had my system in I had a 1200 watt JBL amp mounted under the center console. Had to cut alot though. I mounted a fan to the front of the console and cut a hole in the rear. It was really stealthy.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
99redsilv said:
5 bolts? when did they grow an extra one? LOL they sured changed that back seat alot from 99 to 2K1... Mine only has 4.

I have my amps mounted on the floor between my boxes on the tranny hump
two on each side... one in the middle. 2+2+1=5

·
GMFS founding member
4,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i still have to look under the seats... i wonder if there's enough room under the rear seat? mounting it on the back wall would be nice but i need to be able to reach the controls without removing the seat. i had the same amp under the drivers seat in my tundra, all i had to do was slide the seat forward to flip up the aluminum panel and reach the controls.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Why do you need to get to the controls? Set it and then put the rear seat back in. If you need to adjust by a little once the amp is set use the controls on the head unit.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
put the amp on the back wall. Adjust ur amp with ur seat off and just put it back on later. I've only adjusted my amps once, and that was when they were bought. Unless u change ur speakers on a daily basis, that shouldn't be a problem.

·
GMFS founding member
4,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
2k1slvrdo said:
put the amp on the back wall. Adjust ur amp with ur seat off and just put it back on later. I've only adjusted my amps once, and that was when they were bought. Unless u change ur speakers on a daily basis, that shouldn't be a problem.
there doesn't appear to be any room behind the rear seat. it'll have to go under the rear seat, that's the only place it will fit. it's a bigass amp. i need to be able to adjust the controls without removing the seat.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts