GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Mile High
3,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a kinetik khc2400 but have no idea where to install this bitch. Thinking about running it as the primary battery but 13" wide is gonna cause some fitment issues next to the pcm or coolant reservoir if I use a diesel tray. The big bitch weighs 69lbs so should I just run a couple pac200 isolators and put it under the backseat in a battery box? Need some help here otherwise I'll just have to figure it out when it comes in later this week. Any help is greatly appreciated :cheers:

http://www.kinetikaudio.com/2009/product.asp?C=1&P=KHC2400

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
That thing's fucking huge. I'd look to mounting options before anything else as that's going to be your limiting factor. You'd be fine with a battery box, it's a gel battery so it's ok laying on its side.

Honestly, why the 2400? Get a 1800 and you can fit it under hood like mine. I put the 1800 in the factory location, and a normal battery in the tray from the diesels on the passenger side.

·
Mile High
3,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got a ridiculous deal on it otherwise I would have done something smaller. I never liked the idea of two under the hood so backseat battery box sounds like the best option. What do you recommend for wiring this beast up? Was thinking about using my existing 1/0 wire since I left plenty of slack but which isolators/etc did you use? Think I'll have any interferance issues?

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
I got a ridiculous deal on it otherwise I would have done something smaller. I never liked the idea of two under the hood so backseat battery box sounds like the best option. What do you recommend for wiring this beast up? Was thinking about using my existing 1/0 wire since I left plenty of slack but which isolators/etc did you use? Think I'll have any interferance issues?
Just make good clean connections (no grounding to paint!) and the pac200 is a good piece.

:waytogo:

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
why 2 isolators?

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have my kinetik behind my seat in my crew cab.

·
Registered
18 Posts
yes... just one pac 200 is all you need... i have dual optima red tops in my 99 suburban and used the factorylug on the radiator shroud versus going and getting a pac200 relay. it works perfect. i will be using 4 of them on a mazda mini truck i am building which will be powering 4 optima yellowtops (1 pac200 for each yellowtop)

you shouldn't have any problem hooking it up

·
Iron Block LS2
192 Posts
Too bad it aint an NNBS.

DSC01916.jpg

I got 1 in the front and the back
DSC01915.jpg

1 Atl for the stock electrical and 1 for the Aftermarket audio
DSC01914.jpg

·
Missin the switches
3,045 Posts
will it not fit under the rear seat? can u mount them on their side like an optima? i know that battery is longer then the optima, but how wide is it?

you could mount it where my amp is..run it the way the amp is not the way the battery is..
CIMG8053.jpg

·
Mile High
3,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm putting it under the backseat, just been lazy. Also have an eq and a bunch of other crap to install once I get some motivation.

·
Mile High
3,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Finally wired up my 1/2 din eclipse eq and it's WAY louder. Should have the battery wired up and the front doors deadened on friday, still contemplating a battery box but nobody makes one big enough.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts