GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wandering where you have mounted your air tanks? under the bed on a cross member or in the bed? do you still have the spare tire?

im also trying to figure out a good spot for the air filter. most i have seen have been under the hood and the other was way2hi's and his was mounted on the frame behind the rear wheel. I think the kp will interfer in that spot

·
LOW BLOW CUSTOMS
238 Posts
my tanks are goin in the bed, 2 8 gallon tanks valvees on tank, i have this fear of having a leak and being stranded somewhere and not being able to get access ot my valves tank and stuff...

plus it looks like some sorts deadly bomb and is a nice conversation topic @ the cruises " WHAT THE HELL IS ALL THAT FOR???"

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
I have an 8.5 gallon under the bed, and have enough room for another 8.5 gallon under bed. I have a 2x3 crossmember directly behind my notches, and the water filter is mounted on it. Works out good, and it is all out of sight

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ive been under the truck looking and it looks like a new crossmember is what i need to add

kyle what did you do with the spare tire?

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
spare tire is a small donut in the bed for long trips. My dad has 2 7gallons under his bed, where the spare tire goes. Just cut out the crossmembers, and weld in some 1.5" tubing, or some 2x3

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Do you have your tank already? I have the KP tank going in, it's 6 gallons and they sell brackets to mount iit to your frame. I don't know for sure you have room to mount two of these, but I bet you do .. I'm gonna mount mine so I have room to mount another down the road. Right now I just have one 3 gallon in my bed, but thats gonna be going soon. About $75 for the tank and mounts. Spare tire will be in the bed with a cover on it.

·
Wheel guy
700 Posts
Here is a pic of my setup:

brakeswheels12.gif

Excuse the primer, its an old pic...

·
Orale Homes....
1,796 Posts
I removed my spare tire crossmembers and mounted my tanks on new crossmembers made of 2" L bar. They worked great, but I'd suggest some 2" or 2X3 box tubing instead. I have my comps mounted on two other 1" L bar crosmmembers that run behind the tanks.

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
groundscraper said:
I removed my spare tire crossmembers and mounted my tanks on new crossmembers made of 2" L bar. They worked great, but I'd suggest some 2" or 2X3 box tubing instead. I have my comps mounted on two other 1" L bar crosmmembers that run behind the tanks.
That is how my tank is mounted as well. On a crosspiece that runs between the frame and the compressor, tank, valves, pressure senders are all on it. Worked out nicely and is totally hidden.

·
Wheel guy
700 Posts
Nope, with the supercharger there, I dont need any more belts.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts