GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Just picked up an 03 LS 5.3L RCSB ( step side). It's got 70k miles and well cared for one owner. Runs great. Only niggle is an awkward shift from 1st to 2nd. Depending on the amount of throttle it can have a slight hesitation with a bit of a kick when it shifts. I've read all the threads I can find. Ive seen the TSB that appears to be a possible fix and I've seen the vette swap that seems to be a fix. I got a 3 month power train warranty that I can use to get it checked out.
Any thoughts. Honestly I can live with it but if theres a fix it would make a great little truck even better.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Vette servo fixed it in mine. I'd start there

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Vette servo fixed it in mine. I'd start there
So both fixes do the same thing? If there is an electrical fix that would keep me from digging my fingers into the transmission I'd rather take that chance.

Seems odd that you could fix a problem like this by changing the wiring but I know nothing about tranny's. If a $20 part can get it done ( assuming ya don't get in the and screw it up) certainly would be worth the effort.

·
Registered
900 Posts
I don't know about the wiring but my truck did the same thing you're explaining and I put a vette servo in it and it fixed it. It's really easy to install also.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts