GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have everything installed on my truck. I'm running two 12s that are 1200 watts each with a 1000 watt amp. I did a ton of searching and I'm going to do one of the two. I want the amp to stay on with the radio until I open the door like the normal setup. I was thinking of just running a wire into the radio fuse and just plugging in the fuse to hold the wire. Is that method safe? I've also heard that you can splice into a wire under the steering column. I think the wire is brown. Which would do the besy job for me. Thanks again

·
Bigger, Longer, and UnCut
987 Posts
Thats what the blue wire is for it tells the stereo when to shut off. just tap into it.

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
what radio do you have and what year is your truck? 99- 02 trucks have a RAP relay and you can just tap the ignition wire behind the radio and the amp will stay on. If its a 03+ you can tap the brown wire at the harness, but as soon as you turn the key off, the radio goes off. The only way to make this right would be to pin the radio where the amp turn-on would be if your trucks non-bose, or tap the pink wire on Bose trucks or buy a "chime module" box and have it turn the amp on, but Id watch doing it like that

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My truck is a 2002 silverado. Do i tap into the wire that is right behind the radio? This is a stock radio also. What color would I be looking for? I didn't want to have to pull the dash apart if i didn't have too. Thanks again

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
I think its the green one, its one over from the constant + orange one

1 - 6 of 6 Posts