GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
cajundragger or cajunlowrida (dustin or steve) started a therad with a how to cut up and 'mini tub' front fenders but i can't find it anywhere. anybody know where to find it?

·
GMFS Member
5,980 Posts
well from the looks of it the guy who wrote that little write up did..
he did that to some junk fenders homie

yeah I've been like that for a year now.

I know a bunch of others have done it as well. Works really good.
Got any pictures? I am probably going to just fully tub my truck but would just like to see how yall did it.

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
I did it exactly how I cut that fender but didnt slit the fender lip. Once I cut out the buldge I just used a bat and a 2x4 to roll the fender.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Did you have to take the fender off to cut it out and after you cut it should I just paint the cutted area?

·
Registered
852 Posts
DO u have any pics? Did it make your fenders weaker and how much more travel did you get out of it?

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
I dunno what u want pics of, lol. The inner fender has a whole like above, the outside is stock, and so is under the hood.

it gives like 2-3 inches more travel, most importantly it gives more travel out by the wheel lip. it also allows you to flare the fender a little.

the fender is no weaker though.

·
Registered
852 Posts
I was just woundering if you had any pics of what you cut out. I have seen the pics from that other thread but under the passenger side is a little different, it doesnt have the same little area that the driver side has, that in the pictures is cut out. How do you flare the fenders a little?

·
Registered
852 Posts
You pull them out with what and how do you make it even and look right from the outside? Sorry for all the questions but i need to do this and i want it to look right

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
well you can either

A) grab it and pull it out

or B) turn sharp and hit a small curb with speed.

I did option B on my drivers side, and A on my passengers.

·
Registered
852 Posts
thanks bro when i put my new springs in im going to cut that shit out.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts