GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i put on some new stock ac delco ones when i had the engine rebuilt a couple years ago. but one wire was resting on a header pipe for a short time and has a small burn mark on it, nothing serious and probably isnt hurting anything, but i figured i would replace them anyway since im getting a set of wire holders to keep them all separated.

stick with the ac delco wires or msd or something different?
i have the stock ac delco plugs that i plan to leave in...

·
Speed Holes
5,190 Posts
Did the wire on the header get melted through the casing? I'd probably just stick with those unless they were significantly damaged.
I'm personally running Taylors, but I got a good deal on them with some NGK plugs. Nice boots on them and quality is great.

I remember quite a few threads on this topic, just look around and there's plenty of opinion to sort through. Nothing is really going to give you any significant advantage over the Delco's though (unless they are fried!), so it's just preference IMO.

·
is Bi-Winning and a
8,241 Posts
Im running the top dollar wires from NAPA. They made a huge difference over the stock worn out AC delcos. The only reason I got these instead of stock is because they offer a lifetime warranty and I plan on using it next time I need wires!

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
taylor it is then, what size is stock? 8mm?

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
what are you guys using to hold the wires? a big bracket or just some separators?

·
Mayhem, Like Me
3,087 Posts
Ive always had good luck with Taylor Thundervolts....

·
Speed Holes
5,190 Posts
what are you guys using to hold the wires? a big bracket or just some separators?
I think you're going to have to direct that one at the OBS guys... nothing holding mine since they go straight down from each coil pack to the individual plug right below. Luckily no problems with clearance on my Thorley headers so far. Could buy some of those burn proof sleeves, but so far haven't felt the need.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i just ordered some small separators, that should do the trick, thanks all

1 - 14 of 14 Posts