GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed some H2 wheels on my 2500 today. I have the H2 caps but, would prefer to run some Chevy 2500 OEM caps. I've heard some people say some OEM 2500 caps fit better than others. Are some a different total width? I put my '02 2500 caps on and they fit inside the stock H2 cap space but, seemed to have a gap around them.

Thanks,
Todd

·
STFU
73 Posts
the caps off the aluminum rims supposedly fit without triming them
but you have to trim the caps off the steel caps

i have H2 rims on my truck using the steel wheel caps look at my pics

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
8,527 Posts
The caps off the polished aluminum 16" PYO wheels fit as is, although they are a little more secure if you trim the little tabs off the back in order to allow a bit more thread engagement. This does not affect their ability to fit back on the aluminum 16s as well. And yes with these there is a slight gap between the cap and the wheel, but I do not believe it is noticeable.

The 07.5+ caps off the 17" aluminum Chevy/GMC wheels also are a direct fit.

The silver or chrome caps off the steel wheels will not fit unless you trim the material off. They are a slightly larger diameter and will not fit in the recess of the H2 wheel unless you trim this material, and if they do not fit the recess, then they will not engage the outer threads of the lug nuts.

Here are some pics of the aluminum PYO caps installed.
DSCN2061.jpg

DSCN1249.jpg

DSCN1245.jpg

Also just for grins, another idea I used to run, I filled in the HUMMER logo, cut out the rear caps for the floating hubs (2500HD and 3500 only, 1500HD and 2500 have semi floating rears and the cap fit right on), and painted the centers to look like the CTIS system on the H1's.
DSCN1597.jpg

·
STFU
73 Posts
found this lookin for new center caps for my truck

The part numbers for the Chevy/GMC Non-chrome caps are 9595478-Chevy and 9595479-GMC. The part numbers for the chrome caps are 9595868-Chevy and 9595870-GMC. You're also going to find that they list the Chrome caps as 16", but they are identical to the Non-chrome 17". The reason is the chrome are used on the 16" wheels and the non-chrome are used on the 17" wheels. As far as the caps go the centre on the 16" wheel is identical to the centre on the 17" wheel. Why GM does this is something only known to them.
Picture490.jpg

Picture492.gif

www.dieselplace.com/forum/showthread.php?t=262645

1 - 7 of 7 Posts