GMC Truck Forum banner

21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Mmm Sandwich
15,360 Posts
Agreed you have bigger issues if you can hold an alignment. Heims are not going to make it better. For daily driven trucks I would never use heims.

·
n. fil-dert.
6,849 Posts
Those will work on a 4x4?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Why wouldn’t they? The only difference between 4wd and 2wd is a differential, t case, and stub axles. The suspension is the same, some 2wd even have torsion bars.

·
Mmm Sandwich
15,360 Posts
Why wouldn’t they? The only difference between 4wd and 2wd is a differential, t case, and stub axles. The suspension is the same, some 2wd even have torsion bars.
Not true. You are right about a 2wd in the Tahoe and suburban but the trucks are coil sprung. Although the upper may be the same the lower control arm is way different and so are the frames

·
n. fil-dert.
6,849 Posts
Not true. You are right about a 2wd in the Tahoe and suburban but the trucks are coil sprung. Although the upper may be the same the lower control arm is way different and so are the frames
I am not entirely wrong. There are 2wd trucks with torsion bars.

The part number for the UCAs is the same for both trucks.

·
n. fil-dert.
6,849 Posts
Might as well just buy rough country ones. Or spend another $200 for cognito.

Those are Taiwan specials.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There is not a rough country UCA for NBS.

·
n. fil-dert.
6,849 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,739 Posts
Product support is the issue. If you need bushings or other parts for them. Will you be able to get them. Freedom off-road did some stuff with Toyota’s first. You can find reviews about them over on those forums. But they import their stuff from
Taiwan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
n. fil-dert.
6,849 Posts

·
Mmm Sandwich
15,360 Posts
I am not entirely wrong. There are 2wd trucks with torsion bars.

The part number for the UCAs is the same for both trucks.
Yeah like I said the Tahoe and suburbans isee the torsion bar 4x4 front suspension in the 2wd version. But less words. You were not 100% wrong but not right either

·
n. fil-dert.
6,849 Posts
Yeah like I said the Tahoe and suburbans isee the torsion bar 4x4 front suspension in the 2wd version. But less words. You were not 100% wrong but not right either
I meant silverados. There’s a few in this forum.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Hey! There they are. Good find fairaolo. I will have to think about whether I want the 600$ cognito arms or 300$ chassis tech Ebay ones. I will probably do the cogs. thanks for the advice. Now should I try the viking covers first or just go straight for the kings for 700$ each....

·
meow
15,748 Posts
I researched COs for my 11' and determined Kings were the best overall for me due to quality/cost/customer support/dealer network; I'm very happy with them. I have no info on the Vikings, they could be just as good for your application. You can find used/rebuilt Kings on the various off-road forums, which might be something to consider. I would also have no issue getting equivalent FOX parts. The one thing I was weary of is low tolerance quality work that would lead to leaky/junk shocks. I think this is a "get what you pay for" situation but again may not be 100% applicable for your application.

The reason I have cognito UCAs is fairly similar. Ball joints were the best for my application, Cognito offer bolt in BJs for servicing and I can actually recoup some of their cost selling them used if it came to it.

21 - 40 of 68 Posts