GMC Truck Forum banner

61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
n. fil-dert.
6,849 Posts
What does that mean? Only reason they would be failing is too short, too long, too much angle, or just plain old abuse which if you’re flexing out hard enough to want no sway bar that might be your issue. Just my .02 but I never felt these ifs setups were intended to stretch that far in stock form.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Ha you're right. It's my fault I blew out the cv shafts and ABS lines. Just had to see how far I could push the beast before it actually broke and find out for my self what the weak links would be. UCA bushings, and CV's tend to be them. My wheel bearings are surprisingly ok.
Anyway, back on topic. If I need to return to stock upper arm position what lift spindle is recommended for my truck?

·
professional grade
4,068 Posts
Here’s the thing....on spindle lifts, it increases the track width. On the front and rear lca drop brackets, the mounting holes will be offset from each other. More than likely in your case, your drop bracket holes are in line with each other. This could be a problem trying to just order spindles to correct what u have going on.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Finally done installing the Atomic kit. Came out GREAT! much better ride. Feels like the suspension finally travels correctly offroad without the torsion bars. Here are some pictures of what I had to do and modify for the kit to work with my lowered control arms.
Btw I got the chassis tech tubalar arms and they gave me plenty of clearance.
Limiting straps and bump stops are next. Then may eliminate those janky leaf springs with a triangulated four link!
20190228_171636.jpg

20190228_171420.jpg

20190228_171508.jpg

20190228_171755.jpg

·
Registered
12 Posts
Looking to convert my 04 to coil overs with atomic fab . Was wondering if any body here has an update on how they preformed

61 - 68 of 68 Posts