GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a a 02 silverado 2wd unfortunately but it has a 6 inch RC lift on it now and was planing on going alittle higher but I cant find any control arms that say for 6inch or more lift??? All I find is 2-4" can anyone help me??

·
Registered
125 Posts
A lift advertised as lifting X amount typically lists X at the limit of the lift, for things like CV axles and steering bits, and and just replacing part of it to go over X doesn't work very well (as in, begins damaging parts).

Consider moving up to an 8" lift.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok but either way ill need different control arms to correct some angles and in was thinking bout just adding some 2 1/2 inch lift springs in front since mine are worn and abused with 330k and for the rear was thinking 2500 leaf springs and see how much lift that'll give and go from their with either shackle or add a leaf to dial it in....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thatd basically be just like me adding the pieces that didnt come with my 6" to make it into an 8" or whatever inch wouldnt it. Instead of having to buy a whole other kit is could see if I was trying to go from a 4-6" to a monster 12"+ then yea but another kit but not to just gain a couple inches

1 - 5 of 5 Posts