GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is my little brothers truck, he is 18. it's an 01 with the 4.8. He wants to drop it on some 20's or 22's. I think we want to go 4/6. What kit is best or what do you guys recomend? Needs the best bang for his buck. Who has the best prices on kits? thanks.

·
Officially Tucking Tire
8,919 Posts
yeah thats the only thing. its on some 265/75's right now. Can we drop it and can he roll with it for a while before he gets some new wheels?
get a 4/6 kit and dont install the springs for a 2/6 drop until you get wheels.

·
Vendor
2,493 Posts
cracks me up when people talk shit about djm lol on how many kits ive sold here not one issue.

·
GMFS Senior Member
4,032 Posts
yeah thats the only thing. its on some 265/75's right now. Can we drop it and can he roll with it for a while before he gets some new wheels?
Those tires are the same diameter as 265/70r17s and I know there are guys out there running a 4/6 on that size tire. I think I have pics of my truck (02ecsb) with a 2/4 drop with 265/75r16s and 265/70r17s if you want to see what it looks like. Either way got 4/6!!

·
Registered
487 Posts
You can buy my DJM 4/6 kit. Its coming off the truck in a week and a half. It's the lower arm and flip kit in the rear. No notch though, that thing is long gone. I'll make you a good deal and I'm local.

I'm running a 265/35/22, btw.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ok so my little bro went out and bought a used DJM 4/6 kit with shocks for $250. Not bad.
Then he brings it to my house and the balljoints are upside down. why? also the rubber boots on the balljoints are shot.
why would they be upside down? like the spindle connects under the arm? and can u replace just the boots?

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
ok so my little bro went out and bought a used DJM 4/6 kit with shocks for $250. Not bad.
Then he brings it to my house and the balljoints are upside down. why? also the rubber boots on the balljoints are shot.
why would they be upside down? like the spindle connects under the arm? and can u replace just the boots?
Maybe the guy had them upside down to gain more drop. Get a new Moog ball joint for a Ford F-150. I think that's what guys use to replace the ball joints in DJM LCA. Replace it and put it in like it's supposed to go.

·
GMFS Senior Member
4,032 Posts
On nbs trucks, both the lower control arm ball joint, and upper ball joint face downward.

Unlike the older trucks where the lower faces up and the upper faces down... make sense? :think:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts