GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Not a
5,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered a magnaflow muffler that's 3" in/out and I'm just re doing my exhaust. There are two styles I'm debating: A 3" turn down tip right after the muffler or a side exit sport truck style with the 2 side by side 2 1/2" tips right before the back right wheel. Any opinions?

·
Registered
912 Posts
I used to like seeing the tips but I think it makes the truck look a lot cleaner with turndowns so you don't see the exhaust.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
dump it after the axle, thats what i was running on my tahoe, did it on 3 of my buddys trucks and im running a similar setup on my current truck even tho it is a diesel, on a stock or lowered truck you wont even see it but on lifted trucks like mine all you see is the tip sticking down.

ill see if i have some good pics to give you an idea...wish i had some pics of my buddys trucks with it....

·
Registered
167 Posts
ive got a flowmaster that comes out in front of the rear tire. next paycheck or two im gonna change it to be a dump right before the axle with the muffler as far back as possible. that side exit is so loud in the cab. usually monday mornings going to work are pretty rough for my carpool buddy cuz of his hangover.

·
Officially Tucking Tire
8,919 Posts
i would do a single 3" dumped at a 45* angle so the sound doesnt reflect off of the ground.

·
Registered
561 Posts
I had a magnaflow side exit system but when i put the new leaf springs on the rear the tips wouldn't clear so now its dumped. I'll eventually have it fabbed back up to have the side exit, i loved it on my truck.

·
Registered
233 Posts
What if you got black tips? If your worried about cleaning them and I think it would look good with your black and white theme

·
Registered
6,155 Posts
you can see my dump in this video, its right before the bumper. my trucks dropped 4/7 and if you're lookin from behind it in a car or something else low you can see it, so i have been thinking about putting a tip on it

[yt]6EjHPMsSxXk[/yt]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts