GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Formerly Bagged Member
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup fellas i'm tryin to find out which route i should go to get good sides with my four link, right now i'm looking into a suicide doors triangulated four link with the bags mounted on thelower bars and it looks like i'd have to be going with a fuel cell to follow through with that plan. on the other hand i could go with a KP 6-link. between the two which do you guys think i could get better sides with? i've got a friend with the suicide kit on his truck and have seen what it can do but i have not yet seen any pictures/video of a fullsize with the KP kit or any setup other than over axle hitting sides. I'd much rather not have to get a fuel cell and ditch my stock gas tank and xmember but if need be am willing to. So back to my question, what do you guys think will get good sides between the two and be easier?

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
Here are two quick ones of mine. KP 6-link with small DJM notch. Would get better sides with a stepnotch most likely. Still not bad, the bag has alot of room left to collapse in these photos as my truck bottoms out with a ton of space left for the bag to collapse.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
kp for sure... u'll hit better sides b/c it gets more lift... and an old pic...

·
Registered
84 Posts
to hit MAD sides you really need flex joints a kp kit use's bushing ends and its hard on the bushings look at rock crawlers they dont use bushing ends for that reason and you can get the lift your by running the bag on the lowwer bar

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Some of the best sides I've seen (in pictures) are from Trey, I can't recall if he has the KP 6 link or not though. Anyone?

·
Registered
342 Posts
i gots a suicide with the super pivot joints. Lots of work for the extra movement, but i wanted a custom setup for a few different reasons, other than just bangin sides. I"m happy with it, u can get a ton of freedom with it. Good luck with your choice

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
in general any parallel 4 link will get better sides than a triangulated 4.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Yeah, I have the kp 6 link with slams. I have yet to see a truck with bags that gets better sides than mine. I'm sure someone gets better side, but a kp gets more than most I've seen! I usually put mine on side at shows to get a little attention. My dull old boring gray just doesn't stand out, but when I put it on side, people tend to pay more attention to it!

Trey

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
my front end is not even bagged yet, and I can get one side 6" up, and the other is layin frame. That says something right there. KP 6link provides great sides

·
Changed my life
1,218 Posts
Yes Adam, it's a parallel 4-link with a lever (NOT cantilever) attachment that the bag mounts to.

It's not really a 6-link.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
bagged01extcab said:
Yeah, I have the kp 6 link with slams. I have yet to see a truck with bags that gets better sides than mine. I'm sure someone gets better side, but a kp gets more than most I've seen! I usually put mine on side at shows to get a little attention. My dull old boring gray just doesn't stand out, but when I put it on side, people tend to pay more attention to it!

Trey
which slams do you have... i think i'm gonna get some b/c i don't get all that much lift out of my connitechs... well i think i could get more :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts