Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Save my $ because it's a '92

Votes: 3 12.0%
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which intake kit should I go with for my '92 1500 EC 5.7L 350?
I will also be adding a high-flow muffler (probably a Flowmaster Super 40).

·
internet bigot®
4,016 Posts
i have the AEM, which is a very good intake IMO.... i'll be switching to a closed filter for the RADIX though...

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
trauts83 said:
Which intake kit should I go with for my '92 1500 EC 5.7L 350?
I will also be adding a high-flow muffler (probably a Flowmaster Super 40).
I think the intakes on the OBS look pretty nice, a little more Hondaish, but nice.

·
Needs a truck
454 Posts
Yeh go with the airriad, and if yor really want a high following muffler, ditch the Flowmaster and get something along the lines of a magnaflow or borla.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I would go with the K&N. Proven name, proven product. Besides, with airaid you use the stock air tube instead of a bigger, new tube. Well, thats just my $.02!

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
On a '92? I wouldn't choose any of them. For the price you would pay for an intake the gains you get are minimal at best, if you're lucky. I'd just pick up a different tube to the air cleaner (got mine at home depot...4" non-perforated drainage pipe), then a K&N drop in and call it good. $35 total instead of $200+, and you get the same gains.

·
Registered
199 Posts
onyx said:
i have the AEM, which is a very good intake IMO.... i'll be switching to a closed filter for the RADIX though...
Is that the AEM Brute force?? If so how do you like it?? Any significant changes that you noticed??

1 - 10 of 10 Posts