GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my truck leveled and have decided to replace the factory 2in block with a 4in block but am not sure where to get and which brand. I would also need longer u bolts. Where has everyone gotten they blocks from and do they need to be angled, what angle?

·
Chevy Owner
1,364 Posts
You can get the 4" block kit through Superlift. The blocks already come pre-angled so you'll be fine there...they also come with longer u-bolts, however there to long because they basically are selling you a block kit that is designed to be stacked on top your factory ones. I had to go to a local shop and have them get me the right length ubolts I needed. Oh, and you can't order them directly from superlift....you have to go through 4wheelparts or another dealer in order to get them.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
With your 4 in blocks did you need new shocks. Where did you get the blocks.

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
Any offroad shop will have blocks. I'd just look for a nice set of aluminum blocks. They usually come with the correct u-bolts. Just make sure the u-bolts are square and not round on the ends.

There are tons of places to buy them online too... 4wheelparts, offroadwarehouse, etc.

The angle is iffy... Every truck is slightly different. I would just get a generic 4" block and then add a small degree shim if you experience bad driveline angles or vibrations. It's not a huge deal.

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
OBS trucks did not have blocks Jeff. Just NBS 1/2 tons do. If you want 2" of lift just get a factory block IMO they wrap around the spring perch well to resist shifting.

·
Pat McCrotch
699 Posts
Purchase a flat block. This will usually be pretty damn close to correct for driveline angle. As klem said you can always shim in later on.

·
Rollin' in the BIG HOG
1,316 Posts
You could run a tapered or flat block and probably be ok. I have always ran tapered blocks and that has seemed to work out just fine for me. I've never had any rear driveshaft vibrations.

As far as shocks go, what shocks are you running? If you are running factory shocks, then yes you will need to replace them with longer shocks. If not, it really depends on what shocks you are running? Is your current setup 100% stock suspension or do you have a lift kit?

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a leveling kit new keys and longer shocks up front and in the rear. I got it from Offroadunlimited and wish I just got the keys and ordered shocks seperate. The kit showed bilstein 5100 shocks but they changed over to edlebrocks, ORU said the rears are ok for up to 2" of lift in the rear but they are about the same length as the stockers when I took them off.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts