GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 99 old body style ext cab z71 and I am debating between a RCD, Fabtech or BDS. I want a 6 inch lift with 35/12.50. I have read through a lot of these posts on this website and everyone has different opinions. From all your suggestions I have actually came down to these 3 lifts.
I want to be able to run my stock wheels and tires if I have to. Do all three of these lifts make your wheels stick out a lot in the front. I'm planning on getting the nitto mud grapplers 35/12.50 and getting 17 or 18inch rims either 8 or 9 wide. I am going to make sure the backspacing is as close as I can get it. Most require 4.5 bs from what I see. I should have no clearance problems or rubbing issues. I'm leaning toward the BDS or RCD b/c I dont really like how far fabtech throws out the front tires or are they all the same. BDS is really expensive from what I see. Any thoughts guys. I'm getting ready to just get any of the 3 and I dont want to waste my money. Please help me!!
whats anyones thoughts on the new rear springs BDS offers for the rear with no blocks???

·
Registered
7,576 Posts
i have the rcd on my truck... it doesnt ride that bad... but i dont think it really has that much lift... i have 305/70/16 BFG Mud Terrains on there right now...

·
HAPPY NEW YEAR
3,599 Posts
u need to look into dick cepek 6.5" kit, i am running it. im surprised you haven seen it in your search.
cepek stage I with 35x12.50's on 17x8s
pic4.jpg

the lift costs me $1100, solid as fuck.

·
DeepSouth Gangster
5,669 Posts
Slap a Cepek on that puppy.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
southern pride and silver those are some nice trucks. I like the way it sits. Looks good. I'll look into the DC lift. I just hope it doesnt push out the front wheels to much. thanks guys

9,778 Posts
The Dick Cepek lift kit DOESN'T push out the front tires at all...it is an awesome lift kit, very solid, and very cost effective. I wouldn't lift an OBS without putting a cepek on it.

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
ALL knuckle kits will increase track width, Full drop kits DO NOT increase track width. ALL the kits you selected are KNUCKLE KITS and will not let you run stock wheels....

·
Registered
84 Posts
actually the bds knuckle kit for the 88-98 trucks doesn not increase width. its a new design they did about a year ago. its actually pretty cool check it out. i have a bds on mine and love it. very easy installation.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok thanks everyone. I will get either the BDS or the Dick Cepek. Now I have to figure out the pros and cons of a knuckle lift and the DC top a arm lift.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts