GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Just Cruz'n
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planing on doing a 4/6 drop on my 2000 Chevy Silverado Reg. Cab. What are opinions on DJM and McGaughy's lowering kits? If I was going to go with the DJM kit it would consist of this:

Upper and Lower Control Arms
Rear Flip Kit
C-Notch (No need because I already have a Belltech on)
Re-use my stock coils, hanger and shackles.
I think I could stull use my Edelbrock AIS Shocks, if not I might go with Dostech (sp?)

As for the McGaughy's kit:

2" Drop Spindles
2" Drop Coils
Rear Flip kit
McGaughy's Shocks

Also for the DJM kit I was wondering should I get the tie rod flip kit, if I was going to go with that kit because I just seen this on their web site?

·
Orale Homes....
1,796 Posts
Either kit is of high quality. As far as shocks go, if your Edelbrocks are not for a 4/6 drop, then I suggest you get some drop shocks....

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
If your IAS shocks are fior stock height than you won't be able to use them....you'll need the drop version.

Both the DJM and McGaughy's are great kits....can't go wrong either way. I've not heard squat about the McGaughy's shocks...I'd go DT's...

Cameron

·
Just Cruz'n
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. How are the DJM drop shocks? Also what are the part numbers for the Dostech shocks?

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
groundscraper said:
Either kit is of high quality. As far as shocks go, if your Edelbrocks are not for a 4/6 drop, then I suggest you get some drop shocks....
:word:

Personally I would get the DJM and Doetsch Tech shocks. :D

·
It's Jerry's World
3,573 Posts
id go with teh UCA/LCA combo as opposed to spindle/spring in front, and everyone seems ot love those DTs, i had blistiens which were ok :head:

·
Just Cruz'n
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the replies again and I think I have made my decision on the DJM kit, so I'll go ahead and put the order in tomorrow. Maybe next week it will be done.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts