GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
want to buy some microfiber towels but dont have a clue whats good or not.. i seen adams stuff but a lil pricy. seen the costco microfiber towels are they any good???

·
I like 'em white
2,749 Posts
want to buy some microfiber towels but dont have a clue whats good or not.. i seen adams stuff but a lil pricy. seen the costco microfiber towels are they any good???
Costco towels are cheap but you get what you pay for. They are a pretty bad blend of materials for mircofiber towels. I think someone did a side by side test using a brand new costco (or similar towel) and a high quality microfiber towel and rubbed them on a CD. The costco towel scratched the CD the other one didnt. I also think they put a fabric softener on them from the factory which can leave a very light streak on windows which drives me crazy. I work at costco and have used plenty in the past so I have some experience with them. Ive slowly been building up my microfiber arsenal over the last year or two from Adams and GlimmerGlass. I absolutely love the great white drying towel from adams for drying and I use their double/single soft towels along with various towels from glimmerglass for removing polishes/waxes and stuff like that. I just waited for the Adams microfiber towel set to go on special to get the best bang for the buck but they have been worth it. My costco towels have been set aside for jobs I dont mind tossing towels away if they get ruined like door jambs, under the hood, wheel wells, stuff like that. Hope that helps but im sure more experienced people will chime in.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I received my Adams white drying towel this week and used it this weekend. this is the best towel i've ever used. get one......or two or three.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I found some towels from the chemical guys . Called el Gordo .70/30 blend are these a good towel???

·
FoTfive'dpokinoutdaside
2,295 Posts
I think someone said 80/20 was the minumum, so that should be even better I think? I got some at walmart that were like 15 for $10 in like 4 different colors 80/20 was the material.

·
GMFS Senior Member
3,189 Posts
I found some towels from the chemical guys . Called el Gordo .70/30 blend are these a good towel???
Look for the 70/30's on the Chemical Guys website cause they are there as I have bought quite a few in the last 6 months.The prices will blow anyone away and you dont need a code or wait for a holiday to come up to get a good deal.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys great info:shake: I'm looking in the 70/30 blend from chemical guys most likely el gordo .. what about a wash mitt? Should I look for a 70/30 blend as well?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Adam's towels are by far the best in the business! You get what you pay for in microfiber. Whats the sense in spending the time and money on pricey polishes/washes if all you're doing is scratching your finish with the microfiber you're using. Don't skimp on microfiber. Not if you really care about your finish. You'll be able to FEEL the difference in an Adam's microfiber and virtually ANY other brand out there. I've tried em all. Can't beat MADE IN THE USA and the best customer service in the industry.

Besides.....I don't know of ANY other company who will give a 110% guarantee on their products. If you don't like them or they don't perform as they should. They'll pay YOU to return them. Now tell me if the "Guys who know Chemicals" will do that for you!

·
is probably detailing...
6,749 Posts
Don't mind Jason... he'll recommend pretty much anything else ever since we caught him trolling our forum under an assumed female identity. :LOL:

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
I just got mine in from chemicalguys last night. I got the 70/30 regular towels. Less than 2 bux a piece for a dozen of them. Haven't had a chance to use them yey, but I'll let you know. have to wash them first too.

·
Registered
11,334 Posts
I have all Adams towels. Then a couple cheap ones I use in my wheel wells and shit like that. But all the ones that touch my paint or wheels are Adams. Best ones I've used by far. Havent used the Chemical guys ones so I cant comment on those.

Another bonus is Adam's has the best customer service I have ever seen. If you have a question or problem they will have it resolved ASAP.

Don't mind Jason... he'll recommend pretty much anything else ever since we caught him trolling our forum under an assumed female identity. :LOL:
:roflmao:

·
get down or lay down
1,284 Posts
Costco towels are cheap but you get what you pay for. They are a pretty bad blend of materials for mircofiber towels. I think someone did a side by side test using a brand new costco (or similar towel) and a high quality microfiber towel and rubbed them on a CD. The costco towel scratched the CD the other one didnt. I also think they put a fabric softener on them from the factory which can leave a very light streak on windows which drives me crazy. I work at costco and have used plenty in the past so I have some experience with them. Ive slowly been building up my microfiber arsenal over the last year or two from Adams and GlimmerGlass. I absolutely love the great white drying towel from adams for drying and I use their double/single soft towels along with various towels from glimmerglass for removing polishes/waxes and stuff like that. I just waited for the Adams microfiber towel set to go on special to get the best bang for the buck but they have been worth it. My costco towels have been set aside for jobs I dont mind tossing towels away if they get ruined like door jambs, under the hood, wheel wells, stuff like that. Hope that helps but im sure more experienced people will chime in.
:shake:
couldnt have said it better. i use the costco ones for really dirty stuff like wheels wells.
As for the Adams towels, it seems like you could never have enough, i must have like at least three of each towel they carry. and i still want more:)

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
I got to use my chemical guys towels today, and they are great!! Absolutely no streaking and picked up everything I wiped!! Great bang for the buck IMO!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts