GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
03 Silverado in progress
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to decide between the Mickey Thompson MTZ and the Toyo Open Country MT. Any suggestions on which will be quieter on the road and which will give more mileage?

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
:word: on the Coopers...it really just depends on the size you want though.

·
pro grade member
2,264 Posts
i love my bfg mt km2's. the road noise isnt too bad.

·
03 Silverado in progress
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
size is gonna be 38's so that is why i was trying to decide between the toyo and MT

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
Kumho M/T, Toyo M/T, or MTZ...The Kumhos run a tad skinny (not sure about the 15.50s) but they are quiet as hell, the lightest, and get great mileage. I got em in 37s.

·
FFR Fabrication
8,144 Posts
Given that you already have two chosen, out of those two I would go with the Toyo's. I cant wait to get me some more Toyo's

·
California Castaway
9,402 Posts
Ive had both.. The MTZs are QUIETER than the toyos. They also did great off road, havent had a chance to test out the toyos. Both are heavy as shit though

·
Broke
1,169 Posts
A couple of buddies of mine got their trucks lifted at the same exact time. One with MTZ's, the other Toyo's.

The MTZ's wore down a lot more than the Toyo's (maybe 2-3k mile difference)

Plus the Toyo's seemed to be smoother of a ride, and gripped a hell of a lot better on sand :imo:

·
Matt.719
301 Posts
I got new KM2's yesterday and I love them, but they ARE expensive. Id go Toyo my friend has them on his Tacoma and seem nice

·
Registered
151 Posts
i had the toyos, GREAT mileage, very quiet, did good off road too (sand & mud). the MTZs are good to in mud idk about sand but youll get less miles out of the MTZs.

·
California Castaway
9,402 Posts
my MTZs still looked new when I sold my truck :shrug: I'ld buy them again in a heartbeat. They're still one of my favorite tires. When I go big it will probably be on MTZs

·
Registered
151 Posts
oh i wasnt knocking the MTZs im really considering them for my next tire. i just got silly awesome miles out of my toyos and i know several guys with
MTZs that arent wearin as good, i really like the MTZs.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts