GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Truck #1

2005 Chevrolet 2500HD Crew Cab Duramax Diesel S/B 4x4, Original Owner, 17k miles, assumable extended GM 6 yr / 72k warranty, H2 wheels & tires, 2” HD level lift, 5th wheel ready to tow, 16k Reese sliding hitch and frame support bracket, rear air bags, prodigy brake controller, Heavy Duty “Mike L” tranny cooler, Hypertech programmer, MBRP exhaust, “Transfer Flow” 45 gallon replacement fuel tank, Line-X, Snug Top Tonneau cover, Factory sunroof, and rear DVD player, installed factory Nav unit w/ CD Changer from Denali & intergraded Sirius radio, back up camera, Westin flat oval running boards, color matched front & rear bumpers and grill, and more…… Over $12k in extras. $36,000

Truck #2

Beautiful LT3 package Crew cab 4x4 w/ LBZ engine. This truck has almost every option, including 6 disc Bose stereo w/ XM and Onstar, heated power seats, chrome tube steps, 17" Moto Metal wheels w/ 295 Nitto A/T tires, tinted windows, bug guard / vent visors.
These are ALL Hwy miles, never been offroad or in the mud.
Sticker was $48k a year ago. $32,000

Truck #1 is a year older, but has all the add-ons I want. Truck #2 though is a year newer and the exact color combo I want. Which would you go with?

·
has driven a Ford lately.
2,478 Posts
Both look nice, but I like truck #1, assuming its an LBZ+6spd allison as well.

Option-wise I think that thing is a better deal, assuming both trucks are in equal shape otherwise. Those transfer flow tanks are $800 ( http://www.transferflow.com/gm_tanks_0.html ). He's got the exact same radio setup I do it sounds like... that's about $2k (a little less now, probably). Sunroof was 1k. RSE DVD was 1k. Line-X was $400. Not sure on the trans cooler. Guessing exhaust was at least $600. backup cam was prob $300. Level kits are $350 I think. No idea on the cost of the towing options. Programmer was $400. Colormatching wasn't cheap, and the truck looks frickin' awesome right out of the gate. That truck literally has every feature or mod I'd ever want on one. My math says that thing has $6-7k more options and mods than the other. I know mods aren't worth shit used, they'd certainly sway my decision between trucks.

·
Registered
381 Posts
#1 looks best to me

·
TEAM WHITE
401 Posts
I say 2, I dont like buying other peoples projects. That way myself and trusted friends can do all of the installs and I know it will be legit. Get the one with more factory options and build it with the money you save

·
Kyle
1,684 Posts
two newer, the color you want, I could never drive a car that wasn't the color I wanted

·
Bigger, Longer, and UnCut
987 Posts
I say #1 its probably got more power due to the programmer and exhaust, plus its :boobs:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts